Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Nombali
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: mtn

Messed up phone

Hi.. could someone please help me!!!?? i have a BlackBerry Bold 9780. The screen suddenly went white. I went to an MTN store to get it fixed and they refuse to fix it it because the liquid indicator has been activated.. Thing is, my phone hasn't had any contact with water.. WHAT O I DO? I have 2 friends whose liquid indicators are activated but their BlackBerrys are working..... So sad because i really love my phone and i dont want another model :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Messed up phone

First thing, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  If that doesn't do the trick, plug your phone in to your PC and reload your OS using BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has been recognized by BDS, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.

If your phone won't connect to BDS, have a look at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Nombali
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: mtn

Re: Messed up phone

I did remove the battery and nothing changed. The screen stayed white> its been about # weeks now -__-. Thank you so much though..  Will try it as soon as its back from the repair centre and ill let you know. I actually forced mtn to take it. I just dont understand why they are acting prissy because the repair centre in Port Elizabeth were going to fix it but they were taking ages (waiting for parts) but i had to return to varsity so i had to take it unfixed. The rapire centre in Durban in giving me issues!!

Please use plain text.