Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
JCarnon
My Device: Bold 9700

Missed Calls - Call Log

Hi All,

This is my first post and I hate to start with a problem but this issue is frustrating. I've searched but couldn't find a similar post about the Bold 9700. For some reason, it does not show missed calls in the call log. I can only see them if I have a missed call at the time, but once I exit the missed call log, I cannot view it until I have another missed call. I do not want them to appear in the messages folder (Changing the "Call Logging" option to "All") and the BB9700 does not have the option "Call Log" in Phone List View like the BB900? The only work around I have found is by entering Alt-P in messages.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jamie

New Contributor
JCarnon

Re: Missed Calls - Call Log

Sorry to bump guys, but I would really appreciate a reponse to this.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Does anyone have any fixes for it?

Regards

Jamie

paco333

The call log icon i hidden under applications, just go to applications then Menu and click on show all, hope it helps

Nerozchik

You can also go to your "Message Folder", click on the menu, then select "View Folder".. Then click on "Missed Calls".. That should fix ur problem..
driveamclaren
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Hey thanks for that information, I have been struggling for a week now trying to figure it out, I'm new to BB and that info helps me a lot. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
jspyle
My Device: BlackBerry 9800

I would have thought that information would be in the user manual.

Thanks for posting it here.

The sooner RIM go out of business the better.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

jspyle wrote:

I would have thought that information would be in the user manual.

Thanks for posting it here.

The sooner RIM go out of business the better.

If RIM was to publish EVERYTHING you needed to know about using the phone, the manual would rival "War and Peace" in thickness.  That just doesn't make sense.  Luckily, you have your carrier to whom you can turn for support as well as these forums.

(And RIM is a company which is a singular noun, so it would be "goes" out of business, not "go" out of business.  Any similar comments might be best posted elsewhere in the future.)  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
jspyle
My Device: BlackBerry 9800

Sorry my frustration and annoyance bled through.

blackmorris797
My Device: bold 9700

You have every right to feel frustrated - finding the list should be intuitive!!

I have had my Blackberry for over a year and have been unable to find missed calls.

Yesterday morning I had 2 calls at 03:05 it woke meup!

Went downstairs fumbled with phone - glasses on and could not find who the call was from - was not in call list on green button. Of course could not find missed calls so went back to bed.

This morning checked on web and here we are!! Check round with folks in office with defferent non Blackberry phones and found missing calls list on every one.

Therefore I say to Mr Expert above that it is quite reasonable to expect to be able to find something that is 'hidden'  in the documentation!! 'Missed calls' are a major part of the primary function of what is a phone after all - the other fancy gizmos that get in the way of that clearly become an imposition! Maybe for him it is not a phone but an internet access or Email receiving machine!!

So please retract your 'sorry'  since clearly it should come from Mr Expert who not only takes a lofty tone but attempts to belittle you with grammatical minutiae.

BeckhamsTears
My Device: Bold 9000

Probably an unknown number - if it's a # from your contact list, or just any real number, it should show up. But calls from "Unknown Number" (telemarkters, call blockers, etc.) do not show up in the Call Log. I was able to see mine when I went into Messages / View Folder / Missed Calls.

Hope it helps, BT