Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Hokearmy
My Carrier: at&t

Missed Calls Take Over My Message Folder

My problem is that when I miss a call, phone calls will take over my message folder.  That is, when I go to messages, the only thing I see is phone calls made or received -  I cannot find any messages at all.  This is a problem that has been pointed out on a number of occasions on this board - without any resolution.

Typical guidance is:  "Open your main Messages folder > Options > Inbox Management, and there you can check or uncheck which messages flow to your main messages folder. If your Text Messages is NOT checked, they will go to their own folder. If checked, they will flow to the main Messages list."

THAT DOES NOT WORK.  The one and only solution is that I have to take out my battery and then impatiently wait for the BB to reboot. This is an obvious technical glitch that needs to be fixed and according to the postings on this board, this has been an issue for years.  Having to remove my battery is a completely unacceptable method - get a real solution to this problem. PLEASE!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Missed Calls Take Over My Message Folder

Hello,

I don't understand...the "typical guidance" you state has nothing at all to do with anything related to phone calls (missed or otherwise). Rather, it has to do with SMS, which might include a notification from your carrier of a new voice mail (some carriers do that), but would never include anything about a missed call. So I'm not at all surprised that it "DOES NOT WORK" for your situation, since it has nothing whatsoever to do with what you report as your issue.

I can't, from your post, understand how missing one call causes phone calls to "take over" your messages folder...inside of the Phone app options, how do you have that set for reflecting in Messages? For it is within the Phone app options (not Inbox Management) that you control what from your phone app reflects in Messages.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hokearmy
My Carrier: at&t

I don't really know how to make it more clear.  Someone calls me and leaves a voice message because I am not available to take the call.  When I check my Blackberry, it shows that I have a missed call and a voice message waiting for me.  If I go into my email messages folder it will only show missed calls.   It does not matter if I clear the voice message - I am left with an email folder that only shows missed calls.  The only way to correct the situation is to take out the battery and let it reboot. 

I do not have it set to show missed calls in my email messages folder.  This isn't a problem with how my BB is set, it is a defect with BB - a defect that other BB users have noted and a defect that the company does not want to seem to address.  It, of course, isn't the most horrible problem but I have to admit that it is a bit annoying that I have to take out my battery nearly every time someone leave s a message.  "Excuse me, I'll check that email right after I take out my battery and allow my BB it's sweet time to reset itself."

"Apparently removing the battery also works for other BB defects.  I also recently had a problem where I could not use the touchpad to scroll in my messages folder - although the touchpad worked in every other location.  Take out the battery and the BB worked again.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...then to continue attempting to diagnose, I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.