Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Missed calls not showing

Hi,

i have a problem with my BOLD not showing me my missed calls. i see the missed call icon on top but when i look at the phone listing ... i can see no number. 

i have tried changing the call logging settings to but to no avail. 

this problem has started pover the past 4 days ... it worked fine earlier... 

any help in this regard wud help!!! please 

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Missed calls not showing

What are your call logging options set to? It could be that the device is running low on free space and it doesn't have enough room to store that information. If you check under Options | Memory make note of your Application Memory's Free Space. Afterwards try resetting the device by removing the battery for 30 seconds. After the device reboots, see if your space went up any. See if you're still having the same problem
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

my call logging is set to all calls.

my application memory space was 25 mb first and then went up to 30 mb after rebooting.

since this problem has started whenever i reboot i get this messase - Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

no luck...  yet ...

Elite I

Am I correct in assumming that when you try changing the call logging to "Missed Calls" that you're running into the same problem?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

yes ...
Elite I

Sounds like maybe the call log database my be corrupt. You can try to clear the database to see if that fixes the issue. To do that you can open the Desktop Manager and go into the Backup and Restore icon. Next hit the Advanced button. On the right hand side find the Call Log or phone Call Log database. Then you can hit the Clear button. Doing so will erase all the entries in your call log.

Afterwards try to see if you're still having the same problem. If so you may need to backup your phone's data and wipe the device

New Contributor

awesome this worked !! thank you so much Smiley Happy
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks for the help with this "missed call" nightmare also.

Cheers

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: abudhabido

OMG!

Smiley Very Happy thank so muchfor saving my bb! i asked the manufacturer and they said it will be better for me to buy a new phone. and now because of you i can still keep my bb!

thanks so much!

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless Barbados

Thank you for this excellent advice. I tried it and it worked.