Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mama2babes
My Device: Bold 9780

Missing Media File/Camera pictures gone/Flashlight on !

[ Edited ]

HELP!

I discovered that when I click Media/Expore only the Device file folder displays.  The Media file is gone.  My camera had 400+ photos on it, and now it says only 16 pictures available, with 0 items in the Camera Pictures.  Not only that, the flash is continually lit, and the device gets quite warm, and the battery runs low quickly.  I had not recently done a back up, but when I did, it indicated that there were no photos to back up!  There is no SD card installed, never had one.  I have pulled the battery multiple times, even over night, and nothing is fixed.  The camera was working the night before, and when I went to look at the pics the following morning, the flash light was on, and the file and all photos were gone! 

I need some help with this!

Thanks

New Contributor
mama2babes

Re: Missing Media File/Camera pictures gone/Flashlight on !

so, I have my media file back and all the pictures, but the light is still on - help ! 

is there a way to at least turn it down or something? - it's draining my battery and is blinding !

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi mama2babes,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Glad to hear you got your pictures and other media files back. To resolve the issue with the flash not turning off on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 smartphone, please try the steps in one of the following KB articles.
If you are using a Windows® computer, please try: http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
If you are using a Mac, please try: http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

If the steps in one of these articles does not resolve this issue, I would advise contacting your wireless service provider for other options.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mama2babes

Thank you for the links !

I will give it a go, and keep you posted .

New Contributor
mama2babes

Thank-you for the help, but I didn't need to continue with your advice as I did have to replace the unit with my provider, as it sustained significant damage. so I'm up and running with a new device.

I appreciate it.