If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mtropa
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: TMN - Portugal

Missing Resource: net.rim.device.apps.internal.bis.resource.BISClient

Hello, 

My BB Bold when I turn it ont (after a hard reset) keeps presenting the "net.rim.device.apps.internal.bis.resource.BISClient " missing resource error.

I´ve restored it up and again several times. Icant access the BIS email cliente configuration, and or send/reply to emails sent to my google accounts. How can I factory reset the equipment so it can reinstall the BIS client Service? I am a BES client, but I also use BIS accounts (Google mainly). I need that very much, for m work. Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Missing Resource: net.rim.device.apps.internal.bis.resource.BISClient

Hi mtropa

To clarify, when you say you "restored it up" are you referring to reloading the BlackBerry Software?  In regards to performaing a factory reset, take a look at this article:

KB18998 - How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mtropa

Hello.

I have factory reseted the BB, several times (hard reset).

I have also deletede my BES account and set up a new one after all those resets.

After that step (deleting the BES account and setting up a new one), I imported the BIs accounts again ( so I realized that our BES profile keeps some data about our BIS accounts, that's why I had to delete it).

It solved the problem, for a while.

Afterwards, I began installing some apps, with the BIS service working.

It stopped again after I installed one of these programs:

- dropbox

- shazam

- whatsup messenger

- score mobile

Today, I still dont have access to the configuration of the BIS accounts, although I can access and send (and receive) emails from them.

But when I start up the phone, i keep receiveing the error saying I have a missing BIS resource.

When i try to configure the BIS accounts (Configuration » email accounts»Internet email account) it keeps turning back to the front screen, not allowing me to do so.

So, I keep with the problem, because I need these apps, and i need my BIS email.

Please use plain text.
IchigoHD
My Carrier: Viettel

My Bold 9900 also has this problem.

I have factory reset the BB but it doesnt work.

Who know how to fix it, plz help me.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mtropa

[ Edited ]

The only way that I managed to temporarily  "solve" the problem - without any help or support from RIM (they just asked me the difference between a factory reset and a soft reset) - was deleting my BES profile, and setting up a new one, and afterwards NOT INSTALLING ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.

As I said before, our BES profiles keep some info about our BIS email accounts, and when we reset the phone or simply re-activate our BES Services (without deleting that account and creating a new one), it keeps getting the same BIS error.

After the BB 9900 was factory reseted, (as well as the BES profile), i managed to reinstall the BIS accounts, and they worked just fine.

As soon as I installed another programs, the phone lost its BIs.rim.Service and all the configuration of my gmail and all other personal accounts.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlexandroPestana
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: TMN - PORTUGAL

I have same problem, after i Upgraded to latest OS version, I got that error everytime I restart my mobile phone.

Any ideias how to fix this **bleep** error? I got this error after I installed the Portuguese and Spanish extra languages to my mobile phone as the OS upgrade just put english language.

Come on RIM, move your **bleep** and fix this **bleep** error!

thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mtropa

Hello, In fact, RIM didnt provide any help resolving this issue. After installing some third party software (shazam, endomondo, scoremobile fc), I returned to the same error, and not being able to configure/connect my BIS accounts. This activos included restoring my BES profile, withou success, this time. So, I was forced to return my BB Bold, and exchange it for the BB Curve, much thinner and software problems free. This only antecipated my will of changing my device to another brand, as sono as possible,
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlexandroPestana

So there is no support from Blaberry to fix this issue? I think I got this error when I installed the languages package, so portuguese and spanish languages need updates so when they are installed in an updated OS version will not damage the operative system and make this boot error!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlexandroPestana

After some months waiting for a solution, I installed Brasilian Portuguese language and after the reboot of the bb torch 9810, the error message dissappeared! I had just Portuguese from Portugal and Spanish languages installed. Regards from Madeira Islands, Portugal.
Please use plain text.