Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry RIM 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Missing "I WANT TO CREATE OR ADD AN EMAIL ADDRESS" option

Im having a problem on setting up my email because the option "I WANT TO CREATE OR ADD AN EMAIL ADDRESS" is missing on my phone. Pls help me find solution. thanks!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Missing "I WANT TO CREATE OR ADD AN EMAIL ADDRESS" option

Are you a BES client (a business client) or are you a consumer and just want to set up personal email addresses?

Chances are that your carrier already started the sign up process which is why you no longer see that option.  Try looking at the info in the following KB link for more assistance:

KB16370 

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

First u should tell us if u have a data plan or not. If u have u have to register ur blackberry at an adress specified by the carrier (my e.g. blackberry.orange.ro). Second u have to activate form Manage Connections--> Mobile Network Options ---> Data Services should be ON. Follow the instructions from the adress ( pin and imei u can find on the Blackberry box ). 

If u dont have a data plan dont think its possible to setup an email via Blackberry internet service.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Celcom

I just got a BB Curve 8530 and m missing the option to create or add an email address. I have a Data plan. I've gone to my carrier's website and there's no place to active anything.  I've called their tech support and I have to wait for them to call me back--it's been 3 days so far. My carrier is Celcom. Any suggestions?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Usually the site you would go to is (yourcarrier).blackberry.com. Failing that, you can call your provider to find out what the site is. You would create a username and password, after that is done, you can add email accounts via the website.

Then click "help" on the website, then Send Servicebooks.

That should get you going

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Celcom

Thank you for the info. I'm trying it but so far no luck. I've got someone on the phone from my carrier, but  no one seems to know what site to use.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700, Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Vodafone ES

I had this problem. I went back to my Vodafone Spain shop and the girl checked the phone out for me but couldn't find anything wrong so called her tech support who obviously set something up their end then told her to remove and replace the battery (reset) and lo and behold the option appeared! She set up my account for me and then sent me an email to check and all was OK. I asked if it was something I had done or not done but she said no, it was a problem at their end.

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Help me please i have the same problem with Blackberry Bold 9700.. and i dont know what to do ????

Hany Talaat Taha
Executive Secretary
Kimidar Group {C.E.O} Office
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

http://cellcom.blackberry.com/

Does that happen to work for you? I don't know if there is a difference between Cel and Cellcom though, but they both lead to the same offers and what not.