Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Missing wifi hop spot option on Bold 9900 on 0s 7.1.0.267

I had recently downloaded and installed the new os 7.1.0.267 os from SK Telecom form the software download page of on blackberry site to my bold 9900. Upon doing that i was able to access the new mobile hot spot feature and even set it up for use after calling my service provider for the APN which is Lime Jamaica. I even tested it  by using another phone which detected it. However sometime afterwards about 30 minutes to an hour later while listening to music my headset got pull out by mistake and upon putting it back in realized music wouldn't start playing back after pressing the side button. Unlocked the phone only to see the play icon highlighted in music player but nothing wouldn't register when clicked with trackpad or touch screen. plus got a message on the screen saying that device media player was busy, which continued for a while. Did a battery pull afterwards which fixed the problem. However a few hours later when i decided to show a friend the new feature and test it by connecting his phone, upon accessing the connections menu the mobile  hot spot option was missing even in networks and connections. essentially it disappeared form the phone the only apps on the phone besides the default ones was wikitude and whatsapps. Even after a factory reset it didn't return. Did a clean wipe of the os and installed the os again upon which the hot spot option returned only to disappear again after about a few minutes at which time no extra apps was insatlled just the default ones. Have no idea whats causing this and whats worse the 7.1.0.267 download has been removed from the Sk Telecom link. Would appreciate a solution or a reason if known for this problem.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Missing wifi hop spot option on Bold 9900 on 0s 7.1.0.267

Found out the problem. after reinstalling os 7.1.o.205 only to have mobile hotspot available before inserting sim card. But after inserting sim card and receiving service books form network, feature disappeared again. So its definitely the carrier sending a service book to disable that feature and hearing from them that have to come in to an outlet to check the phone properly. Well based on that they have just caused me to be making plans to switch networks cause disabling phone functions so that not only i cant use it but that i cant even find them is a big insult to me
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: etisalat

Re: Missing wifi hop spot option on Bold 9900 on 0s 7.1.0.267

Hi,  I have bb 9900 with os 7.1.0.714 but i cannot find the option for hotspot in manage connections. is there any way i can use wifi hotspot in my 9900 ???