Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9000

Mobile Data Service / Browser not working

I just moved from BB 8320 to BB 9000. The new device is connected to the corporate BES and everything works well except BB Browser. The configuration offers me BlackBery Browser or Hotspot Browser. HotSpot Browser works as long as WiFi connection is enabled.

Checking Service Status it states that BlackBerry Internet Service is not connected. 

I already talked to T-Mobile tech support but they couldn't help. They argued that the BB 9000 is not supported yet.

Did anyone run into the same issue? 

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Mobile Data Service / Browser not working

What OS version of the Bold do you have?

Did you try any other browser? Opera?

What do you mean by "not working"? Does it give an error message?

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)
My Device: BB Bold 9000

BB Bold runs v4.6.0.92.

Error message is "Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later".

THX.

My Device: Not Specified

Is your BB associated to a BES server?

I've noticed this problem with our 8800's which are connected to a BES server.  It seems like the Mobile Data Service on the BES doesn't always start properly, which leads to this error.  If i encounter this problem and manually start the MDS service on the server, the problem goes away.

Still researching a more permanent solution; if i come across one, i'll post back here.