Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Developer
ndcs44
My Device: Not Specified

Mobile site doesn't show as mobile

[ Edited ]

Hi all, don't know if this is the right place, apologies if not, we have a website (done with hosted wordpress) and we added a mobile app to show the site nicely on mobile phones. It works on the iphone-  automatically detects that its a mobile device and shows in mobile mode. But on the Blackberry, it still goes to the desktop site - even though in the wordrpess app I added all the popular Blackberry models in the User Agent list. What shall I do? thanks

PS I tried setting the "User Agents" and "Rejected User Agents" on the WPTouch and W3 Total cache we have, but I'm not clear as to what's the exact blackberry User Agent string- some site say "Blackberry", some say a list ike "blackberry9500 blackberry9530" etc with all the models, and some say to write (for 9700)

Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; pt) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.546 Mobile Safari/534.8+

Does someone know which format it is. Thanks..

PS using WordPress 3.2.1,  MySql 4.1.41, PHP 5.3.8, and running Litespeed over Apache server.Ubuntu Linux (64-bit)