Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

More than 5 icons in Homescreen...

I would like to know if this is possible. Is there anyone who has tried this?

I'm currently using the Zen theme.

Out of curiosity, how would I go about adding one additonal row of 5 icons on top of the current icons in homescreen or perhaps make it so that all icons are in one row but have to scroll to the side to see more.

Thank you in advance.

Solutions: 6,097
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: More than 5 icons in Homescreen...

On your homescreen, press the Menu key to the full icon screen > press the Menu key again > Options > choose your homescreen layout options there.

If you want, you can find other themes you like, look in AppWorld and do a google search for "9700 themes".

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Yeah, I saw the different themes in Options.

I didn't find something that I liked.

I may have to be just picky on what applications show up on the home screen.

Out of curiosity, do you personally use "Messages" icon that shows all messages (calls, emails). Right now I have 4 icons just for BB messenger, SMS, and two other icons for separate emails I use.

Thanks for responding.

Solutions: 6,097
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Did you see the options as I told you, you can set more rows of icons. Follow the instructions I gave you.

For me, I hide the email-specific icon folders and use only the main message folder.

And, there are hundreds of other themes... just ssearch for them.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Yes, I saw it.

Under "Set Home Screen Layout" I have Zen and Today.

I did not see any option of selecting how many rows to show.

I'll have to do some search on theme. I just want the same exact Zen (Precision) theme but 10 rows instead of 5. Thanks.

Contributor

Yoo-hoo! Quick serach returned exactly what I was looking for.

For those who want clear theme (Precision) but 10 rows of icons in homescreen, search for Double D (8900) Theme.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links. Search in http://gallery.mobile9.com website or Theme Zone.

New Contributor

I only have Zen and Today homescreen layouts. When I searched themes, I found many pictures but nothing to change the layout like the original poster asked. Where could we find a theme or a diffferent home screen LAYOUT so you can add more than the 5 icons to the main home page?

Thank you.

Contributor

Yeah, I know, for me, too, it was only the default factory themes.

Search from the websites and enter the name of the theme I found.

Download the theme. What you need to do next is attach your BB to your PC. Fire up the "Desktop Manger."

Then "Application Loader" --> "START" under "Add/Remove Applications" --> "Browse" to the file (theme) you just downloaded.

Let it install and once everything finishes, go to your BB menu and now there is one more theme added to the list.

Was it what you were asking? Let me know how it turns out..

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

i did this and it works! it doesnt show up in your "Zen / Today" layout but instead shows up in the normal 'themes' menu but still works!

however for some reason i think it has uninstalled my instant messenger which also means i have lost all my contacts pins! :smileysad:

how can i retrieve them? i think i set it up on the phone so i could retrieve them somehow with my email but ive forgotten how to do it!?!?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you serious? What do you mean it uninsallted your messenger? Hmm... I did not encounter such an issue.

As rule of thumb, it is good idea to use the "Desktop Manger" to also backup..you never know what can happen to the phone or software. Let me know how it turns out.