Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 4
My Carrier: airtel

Motherboard of blackberry 9900

It's very disappointing for a smartphone company like blackberry to have a after sale service which is absolutely not acceptable. I have faced a problem with The after service not once but twice. I had brought a curve which suddenly in a few months time it fell dead and stop functioning. On contacting the blackberry service centre I was told I would have to pay 80 percent of the cost which was really annoying. I chose to ignore the issue and got a bold however that also stopped functioning all of sudden. On contacting the service centre again I was told to bear 80 percent of the cost. This has given me a feeling of being cheated as a brand name like blackberry has such a poor life. This time I am going to put my foot down and demand a speedy and proper replacement. If the same is not properly handled I will certainly voice out my issue in the customer forum and A lot many people around me would join in the same as they have also started feeling cheated as they are not getting the worth of the product. Hope this time I would not be disappointed. Am sure this is the last time I would be contacting blackberry next time it's going to be routed legally. Thank you

All Replies
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Motherboard of blackberry 9900

Support for BlackBerry products is offered via the carriers, in your case it would be Airtel.  This is a very good support model because it's your carrier that supplies your month-to-month cellular service and knows how to properly support  your phone.  The carriers usually have offices conveniently located which makes it easy to take your phone in for inspection.

The fact that you're not getting the support you deserve is troubling to me.  BlackBerry devices come with a one-year warranty which should mean that you don't have to bear 80% of the repair cost.  If you ever encounter such an incident again, I would suggest you request to have your issue escalated to BlackBerry technical support at no cost to you.  That's the avenue that the carriers are supposed to take if they are unable to resovle your issue to your satisfaction.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.