Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
tdefreitas
My Device: Not Specified

Motorola S9 bluetooth stereo headphones

I can't get any of the buttons on the headphones to work (volume, answer a call, skip to next song, etc).  I know i have AVRCP in my bluetooth services.  Do I need a different media player or can I download some drivers?  Maybe my headset is defective.  Plz help

Thanks

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Motorola S9 bluetooth stereo headphones

[ Edited ]

Hello tdefeitas,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums :smileyhappy:

I have the same headset working with my Bold so you should not require anything outside of the core software as long as you are running software version 4.2.2 or higher. You may want try deleting the paired profile from you Bluetooth options, popping the battery and re-pairing the device with the headset.

If you still have issues at that point you may want to try pairing the headset with another device to confirm it is functioning properly.

Cheers,

Message Edited by FozzyBear on 07-17-2009 11:58 AM

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
bassberry
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Motorola S9 bluetooth stereo headphones ...same problem with S705 + Bold 9700

I am having the same problem trying to use a Motorola S705 bluetooth stereo headset with my new Blackberry Bold 9700.  I can stream music but the controls on the Motorola S705 do not work.  I know that the headset is working properly because it works with another device and my PC.  In both cases the controls stop, pause, and advance tracks.

When I pair the headset to the bold I see that AV control has a red cross in the box as the notifications go by.

Is there a way to manually enable it?

Is there some setting I can change?

Thanks.