Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Moving all Contacts to SIM?

I am changing from a 9700 to a 9790. I have a ton of contacts in the old phone's internal memory and need to move them all to the SIM card so I can pass the info into the new phone. Is there a way to copy all the contacts at once to the SIM card? Otherwise I'll spend a week moving them one by one.

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Moving all Contacts to SIM?

Hi jgazolm

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

No on our BlackBerry smartphone you can't copy all Contacts to a SIM card at once ,If you want to Copy you have to do it one by one because BlackBerry Address book is much more robust it will have a different arrangement with one Contact Name and several fields of information (Cell phone, Work Phone, Home Phone, email address, etc.) whereas SIM card the SIM card allows only one entry per phone number .

KB04205 :  Copy a Contact to your SIM phone book.

As you are switching from 9700 to 9790 the best option will be switch device wizard using BlackBerry Desktop Software it will transfer all your datas from your old device to the new one.

KB23677 : How to Switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Brilliant! Thanks! Sorry for being such a newbie. I cant believe I have had a BB for so long and was not even aware of the existence of the BB destop software. Problem solved now. Thanks again!

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Hi jgazolm

You are most Welcome ..So enjoy your new BlackBerry Bold 9790 :smileyhappy:

Prince