Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Music Freezes

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the new Bold 9900. Love it! Amazing phone! I've been using the media player a lot. I've noticed after playing 6 or so songsn the media player freezes up (sometimes it freezes the whole phone) and I need to do a battery pull. Happened to me about 3 or more times tonight so I tried deleting the synced music & replacing the songs...still didn't work.

Funny story!! As I'm posting this right now, my bold is playing music and it all of a sudden stopped. IT FROZ AGAIN!! I had a 9800 and I've never seen anything like this.

Please if anyone could help me it would be gladly appreciated!

Cheers Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb & Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Music Freezes

Have the same problem too!  It seems to particularly bad on the random play setting, where after 6 or so songs the sound stops, although it does look to be still playing the track.

I am able to resume sound by pressing stop and then play and the sound returns.  

Another wierd one is that after playing music for a while the quality of the sound changes and becomes very tinny - wierd!

Never did that on my 9700