Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
lvbFan
My Device: Not Specified

Music Player Composer Navigation Limitations nuTsie

I've almost filled an 8 GB MicroSD card in my new Bold with a mix of predominantly classical music. The ID3 tags are organized and browsed based on composer, the artist represents the performer/conductor/orchestra. Unfortunately the built in Media Player app does not offer the option to browse based on composer and everything looks totally confusing.  I decided to get the Bold over the iPhone based on better support for things like email and A2DP amongst other things (the fact that my son had one that he hated--it was able to to a great many things except act like a phone and eventually catastrophically failed) but I'm finding the absence of being able to navigate based on composer as a feature and option somewhat lacking.

Does anyone out there know if RIM programmers plan on adding the ability to browse based on composer in future releases of the built in Music Player?

If not are there any other 3rd party player apps out there with this ability?  I tried nuTsie, but that seems like a commercial version of Simplify.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
vskarine
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Music Player Composer Navigation Limitations nuTsie

I don't think RIM is going to do anything with the media player any time soon, try this music player www.unsynced.com, it addresses some of the limitations of Blackberry player (it does allow you to browse by compose) and the best part it's free 

Please use plain text.