Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Music Player Conflict With Bluetooth Connection to Car Phone

I just got a Bold 9000 last week.  Music player works great when connected to my Prius stereo with the Aux input cable.  Bluetooth connection to the car for making and recieving phone calls works great too.  The problem is they conflict with each other.  When the Bold is plugged into the aux port on the stereo and I receive a call, a Bluetooth connection is made but I can't hear or talk to the person calling me. This is very annoying as the only way I can make or receive a call is to unplug the Bold first.  When I get an incoming call I have to scramble to unplug the Bold and pause the music player before answering the call. 

HELP!!!  Thanks.

Re: Music Player Conflict With Bluetooth Connection to Car Phone

Same thing happens to me.

1) Sound will drop out every now and then (seems to happen when phone is switching from EDGE to 3G and back)

2) Headphone jack will "stick" or get into some kind of swapping between headphone and out-load mode.

Hopefully RIM fixes in future versions.  These things are definitely like early laptops.  Full of problems.

Mark

New Contributor
My Device: 9000 (me), 8310 (wife)

Is the bluetooth through your car audio?  If so, use BT for streaming music.  On my setup calls come in fine this way.  The only glitch is I can't make an outgoing call with voice dial unless I switch the car radio source to something other than BT.. no biggie.

..............Zeke
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't see how to use Bluetooth for music in my Prius. The documentation only mentions using Bluetooth for hands free calling.    Any ideas? Thanks.
New Contributor
My Device: 9000 (me), 8310 (wife)

Well, my Alpine has Blue Tooth as one of the sources.  Like: tuner, CD, bluetooth, usb.  So I select bluetooth and it will play whatever I play on the BB: mp3s, slacker, audiobooks, etc.  Can't say how a Prius' system is setup.  You may be limited to handsfree only for bluetooth.  Another Prius owner will have to chime in.

..............Zeke
Contributor

I have the same problem in my Honda Accord Sedan 2008.  I can make a call while the music is playing from my phone using a jack and with the stereo set to AUX.  On the other hand, when a call comes in and i hit talk, the call does not make a bluetooth connection.  

As a work around, when a call comes in i hit the "talk" button (u would probably say hello at this point) in my car AND then i have to hit the talk button again and say "transfer" to bring it back into the handsfree system.

New Contributor

Found the fix.  Turns out when I receive or place a call I have to hit the "Transfer Call" button on the Prius hands-free screen.  Kind of annoying but it works.  Thanks to all for your comments.