Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Music - (Unknown) Artist/Album/Genre

Device info

Your carrier: Rogers

Model info and OS version: Blackberry Bold 9700 / v5.0.0.743 (Bundle 1254, Platform 5.1.0.165)

iTunes v 9.2.1.4

Question/Problem

I have an 8gb SanDisk MicroSD Card installed in my BB 9700 and I just reformated it.  I plug in my BB to my PC and use BlackBerry Media Sync to upload music to my phone from iTunes.  The music gets uploaded properly but when I go into my Music, I get (Unknown) for Artist/Album/Genre and album art missing for a handful of my music.  My iTunes library is up to date with all of the info that I want to display (Artist, Album Arist, Album, Genre, Album Art) but it isn't transfering properly to my BB, all it shows is the file name (ex: "01 Battery" instead of "Metallica - Battery" off of the "Master of Puppets" album in the Genre of "Metal")

How do I fix it so when I put music onto my BB, it shows up the way I intended it to?

What is worth a thousand words

Pictures of your issue if possible:

Stephen Jones
Do un to others as you would have others do un to you.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Music - (Unknown) Artist/Album/Genre

Post Script:

After trying to manually move the files to my MicroSD card, I realized I am getting an error stating:

I would like to copy it over WITH it's properties, which is probably the problem I am having.  Any idea how to transfer fhese files over with their properties?

Stephen Jones
Do un to others as you would have others do un to you.