Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
selledc
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Music player freezes

Hello everyone!

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 and one time, while I was listening to music and browsing on Twitter, the music player stopped playing all of a sudden. When I went to it it froze and I got a message that it isn't responding and it was terminated; I can't remember the exact message. What I did was I logged out my Twitter and let my phone rest for a while. After five minutes it was okay again, I was able to play music again but when I received a text message the music player stopped again, though it didn't froze. What should I do? Thank you for the answers!

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: Music player freezes

Ah. There's where the problem is. When the device gets low on memory it will begin to delete older messages and perfrom other memory management steps to try and get more memory. Was that number before or after the battery pull? A good amount of free space to have is at least 15MB. Most Bold's I've seen have around 40MB of free space, but that can vary depending on how much it's used and how many applications you have installed.

Check out this link on how to maximize the amount of free space on a BlackBerry.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320

VIA | Elite I

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Freezing-Screen/m-p/247494/highlight/true#M19...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
selledc
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Re: Music player freezes

I did a battery pull after I closed all applications I am using, and I didn't try to use Twitter again while listening to music, I'm afraid the situation might happen again and it's making me paranoid. XD

That's the first time it happened to me, so I really didn't know what would I do. The free space in my application memory is 122.7MB as of the moment, is that what you're talking about or it's a different one? And I only have Facebook and Twitter as applications on my phone.

Please use plain text.