Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
JimA38B
My Carrier: T Mobile
Accepted Solution

Music synchronisation

Can anybody explain why, after downloading and synchronising all my music onto a 32gb mediacard, I cannot find all the tracks.

99% are there but there are some, off the same album for example, that are missing. When I look at the Media card through the phones's "Explore" option I can see the tracks but they don't appear on the "Songs" or "Artists" lists on the phone. I think the tracks that are missing are downloads from old albums rather then "ripped" versions off a CD. Also some appear as "Temp" as their description rather than the track name.

Space on my media card is not an issue

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants

Re: Music synchronisation

Hi JimA38B and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Are you transferring the media to your BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Media Sync feature of the BlackBerry Desktop Software?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JimA38B

I am indeed. No direct copying at all. What I have noticed is that the tracks I have difficulty with are those copied off my old albums via my USB turntable. I download to ITunes then convert to MP3 format. This works for most but not all.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

those music files are available in your BlackBerry music player, but not indexed correctly.

the Music player exclusively relies on the ID3tags of each song, so if those tags are missing, or incorrect (song name = "temp"), then it is difficult for you to select them to play them.

There is a Herculean work, that consists of finding all those files, and use iTunes or any other software like VLC or Songbird, to fill the ID3tags correctly.

You can do that manually, or maybe your tool can fetch the info on the internet.

once that is done, resync and it should be okay.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JimA38B

That sounds very logical. Thanks very much indeed. Hope you have a happy and propsperous New Year.
Please use plain text.