Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
nishar
My Device: Bold 9780 (6.0.0.546)

My App world does not work with BES (changed 3 BB device)

[ Edited ]

My app world is not working.it is like stuck when i click on the App world.I am using a BES+BIS account and there is no restriction to open app world on BES.My app world used to work perfectly fine.Once after i wiped date and reconfigured my BES it worked for some time and this issue started.Now also if i am not using BES and try use appworld on a fresh or wiped BB,it works fine.As soon as i configure BES it works for some time and then this issue starts...My BB Team even deleted my BB BES account and created a new one,still this happens..please help me... 

To add to the issue..i had the issue of battery draining when i activate my BES with 3 different device..when my account was deleted and a new one was created,the battery draining issue was solved(seems like some corrupt database,havenot got any credible reason from anyone)...

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: My App world does not work with BES (changed 3 BB device)

This definitely sounds like a problem on the BES end. If you can connect to AppWorld before EA but afterward you can't it's pretty obvious. They are going to have to get to the bottom of it at your IT department.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
nishar

They have already deleted my account and created one in a different server so that should have solved the issue with my BES account.
Good thing is that it always work for sometime so I could get all my imp apps.but again it didnot work after some time..I really do not know what to do as IT have already helped me with creating a new account...any other way..
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Not that I know of. You have already narrowed down the problem. There are no settings in AppWorld as to what network to connect over. It is all automatic. If it works before the enterprise activation and not after then it is apparent that something in the BES policy is restricting it. It likely has nothing to do with your BES account. Have you checked with others in your company to see if they are experiencing the same problem?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
nishar

I checked with my BB Team,they are not restricting it. The app world is working well for others in the company. This all started few months back.I have tried everything..as a last resort I thot I will check in the forums..
Guru I
John_Clark

If others are not restricted then it must be something with your device settings.

At this point I would make a backup of the device, then wipe the device and have the BES admin delete and re-add your account. That way you are starting fresh and no wireless backups will return to the device during EA. Once the device is wiped and your account has been reset then do an Enterprise Activation and see if AppWorld still works. Then do a selective restore of the data you need from the backup. In order to restore data from a backup while connected to the BES you will have to delete the Desktop [Sync] service book, restore just the important databases like contacts, calendar, etc. and then go back and undelete the service book. You can find your service books in Options >type "Service Book" in the search bar.

John