Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
thewildmushroom
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

My BB 9900 wont turn on

Hey everybody,

I have a BB9900.....I was updating whatsapp when it got hanged...I pulled the battery and then the phone wont turn on!

I bought my phone in Hong Kong and I am currently studying in India. I went to the BB store but they said they couldnt make it in India as it was bought in HongKong

Please help :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: My BB 9900 wont turn on

Hi thewildmushroom

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If your device problem started after installing / updating whatsapp then you should first try to delete that application from your device , As your device struck so try to boot your device on Safe Mode ( Please note it may take multiple attempts to boot on safe mode ) .

While on safe mode delete whatsapp from Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete whatsapp from that list .

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Please try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thewildmushroom

my phone wont start up at all!!!! just black screen 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thewildmushroom

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

thewildmushroom wrote:

I know !!!!!!!

But when you reinsert your battery back , do you get the loading bar ?

Or its just black after inserting the battery even no blinking red led ? If it is then have you try with another good BlackBerry battery as a test to confirm that it's not a battery issue ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thewildmushroom

NO, even after reinserting the battery the loading bar wont come.....and i even tried a new battery, bought it in fact.....still doenst work.... plz plz plz tell me something can be done 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Thanks,

With your new battery can you try those steps :

Credit JSanders 

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.  BlackBerry Software Download Site

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

If required , you should also investigate this below KB suggestion :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thewildmushroom

my computer doesnt read mt phone with or without the battery 

Please use plain text.