Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

My BB Bold 9900 phone won't turn on

So in the last month I've had my Bold9900 i've had OS problems but today has taken the cake! My phone after having almost no battery life today won't turn on.  I have been letting it charge for the last 3hrs and now it's doing a thing where it won't even turn on. It displays a hour glass and then the screen goes black and the red light will blink every few seconds. I have tried updating my OS by my desk top can not even detect my phone. nothing is working and can't make a call or even wake up in the morning without my phone.

HELP

HELP 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: My BB Bold 9900 phone won't turn on

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try exactly the following.

1. Put your BB onto a known-good wall charger (not USB via PC).
  2. With the BB powered up (at least as much as it can be), remove the battery.
  3. Wait 5 minutes, with the BB still on the charger.
  4. Still with the BB on the charger, insert the battery.
  5. Hopefully that will allow it to boot up correctly. If not then more drastic things may need to be tried.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Did the procedure work with you?
My 9900 just did the same thing.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

I've got exactly the same problem, Orange tell me the phone is dead and can't be replaced by a new one as they have recalled 9900. No official word on this yet. I'm totally vexed as I just upgraded and now have to choose a new phone as Orange don't know when the phone or indeed the problem will be fixed.

I'm gonna try the suggested solution tonight before I send it back. I have to confess, I did like the phone but it is hard to continue loving something that is dead.

My Device: Blackberry Bold

My Nan is dead - but I still love her :Angel:

New Contributor

I totally agree with you. Its like we are not allowed to let the battery die. God forbid if it happens, then your device is bricked. The only good news for me is I'm getting mine replaced with a new one.

Visitor
My Device: bold 9900

my 3week old 9900 died wed night worked fine tues put on charge wed night woke up thurs morn red flashing light  went into orange shop reckond it crashed need to get in touch with orange rang them need a new phone but dont know when it going to be back in stock costing me an extra £10 a month and an extra 6month on my contract thinking i have been shafted by them and might have to try cancelling contract

New Contributor

Ok, so I did get my phone to work, but I did it a different way.
1. I took out my SIM card and replied it with another (I had an extra one that they sent with the new phone). Once I had the new sim in the phone would turn on.
2. I upgraded graded my O/S.
3. I put my old sim back and everything was working fine.
Keep in mind that I still have problems with my Crackberry from time to time (like it will sometimes reboot when it wants), but 90% of the time it works ok.
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900

did this work for you? i am experiencing this problem right now :smileysad:

New Contributor

Had mine replaced.