Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
boldblkberry9000
Accepted Solution

My BBerry is now unusable after trying to update...please help

Ok, I have perused all over the internet to try to solve this problem on my own.  I have not been successful in finding a solurion. 

Today I tried to update my Bberry software throught the Bberry Desktop Software Manager 5.0.  I've done this many times before and thought nothing of it.  I selected to have the provided updates applied/installed and waited while the process was going on.  Maybe 3/4 of the way through (I can't remember what exact step was taking place), I suddenly get a blue screen on my computer indicating a crash.  

This had never happened before so I was really hoping that my computer's hard drive didn't just conk out on me. Well thankfully that didn't happen.  But I was dismayed to find that my Bberry had been affected to the point at which I cannot return it to functionality.

What is displayed on my phone is a white screen that shows this:

BlackBerry  Platform 4.0.0.247

Options [when selected it reads Error starting net_rim_bb_options_app:Module 'net_rim_locationapi' not found.]

Saved Messages [when selected-->No messages]

Voice Dailing [when selected it reads Error starting net_rim_vad:Module 'net_rim_bb_phone_api' not found.]]

Voice Notes Recorder [when selected it reads Error starting net_rim_bb_voicenotesrecorder:Module 'net_rim_mediarecorder' not found.]

I can't do anything else with the phone.  I have uninstalled the Desktop Manager 5.0 and reinstalled it. When I connected the Bberry to my computer via the USB cord, it was recognized by my computer but not by the Desktop Manager.  I even tried to select it in the Options-->Connections menu, where my PIN was displayed, but that did not help.

I uninstalled DM 5.0 and installed 4.7 to see if this may help, and the issues remain.

At this point I don't know what to do.  Can anyone with the tech. expertise please lead me in the right direction?  Your help will be greatly appreciated.:robothappy:

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
er2joe
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My BBerry is now unusable after trying to update...please help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boldblkberry9000

Re: My BBerry is now unusable after trying to update...please help

Thank you so much! That was a tremendous help.
Please use plain text.