Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
bossbains
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Fido

My Blackberry 9900 really has been driving me crazy. Please Help

Hi everyone. So I just switched over from my 9700 to my new 9900, and going to be honest, great phone but wow, it doesn't even make it through the day!

Phone: Blackberry 9900 (Originally a Bell phone, it is now unlocked). 7.0 Bundle 1355 (v7.0.0.261, Platform 5.0.0.469)

Carrier: Fido

Issue: My battery lasts about 9 hours. Put it to charge every night. I wake up at 6am, and the phone usually dies around 3-4pm. I keep Wifi and Bluetooth OFF.

Very few calls, I would say 15 minutes talk time. Mostly just BBM, very rarely do I use the internet.

I have the following apps, Fancy Smilies, Free Battery Saver, One touch flashlight,  Battery Watch, Snake, ScoreMobile. Never even used half of them yet.

Also in the corner there has been a H+ instead of the 3G, what is that?

Does everyone have this issue? Cell phones should be able to atleast last a work day without dying...

I am very disapointed, I almost want to go back to my super glitchy 9700.

Blackberry, what is happening!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jsp2011
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My Blackberry 9900 really has been driving me crazy. Please Help

[ Edited ]

The H+ you're seeing on the corner of your phone is probably the cause of your battery troubles (if I understand what you mean correctly).

An H (HSDPA) network, or High-Speed Download Packet Access, is a new generation 3G network. The download speeds are faster (by a large degree) but the network is still 3G and thus you do not need 4G compatibility. H+ is the "turbo" version of this network. As such, your phone is most likely using much more battery life to power this high speed network.

I believe this would be the cause of your battery troubles.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bossbains
My Carrier: Fido

Ill switch it to 2G and see how it goes. Thanks.

But really? Cant even use the phone on 3G all the time? Wow Blackberry...absolute garbage.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Slarr
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

I kind of have the same problem, except I have 3G. During a work day I'll look at it every now and again, that'll be it. I notice the battery drains more when I get lots of emails and notifications coming through during the day, it does last me til the end of the day but I remember when my old BB 8900 Curve would last nearly 3 days on a full charge! I still love my 9900 though, had an iPhone 3GS before where the battery would only last a ridiculous 6 hours connected to a 3G network so I'm counting myself lucky right now!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
fuller2005
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Hello BlackBerry 9900 and 9930 users. Here is what I did to help with my BATTERY LIFE  (1) kill the battery until it will not stay ON (2) charge your phone until it is fully charged. Then use the phone as you would  until it will NOT STAY ON ANYMORE.  (3 ) Repeat this 7 more TIMES. This is what I did and now I am getting 20 to 25 HOURS PLUS on one single charge. Good luck:Clover::Balloon:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jsp2011
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Granted, the battery life does not last multiple days. But, you are receiving e-mail and your phone is refreshing your e-mail boxes every now and then. This uses data which then uses battery.

I have a 9930 on a 3G network and my phone lasts for more than one day. If you don't need every e-mail account on your phone, take one off and see if that helps. Taking any action to reduce data usage would most likely help you to increase your battery life. In fact, if you feel like testing if it's the battery and not the amount of data you receive, try, for one day if you can, removing all e-mails and any other data using applications and see if this helps. Then you can add them as necessary.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Slarr
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Not a bad idea actually jsp2011, got my Hotmail one on there which just sends me **bleep** so I might as well take that off and leave G Mail on there.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nexxtstop
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Optus

Maybe it's just me but I love this phone. Battery life last for at least 2 days for me, and I constantly go on twitter and text people. The only downside to this is  that sometimes I am unable to scroll up to my older text msgs in a conversation. Can be really annoying but I still love this phone compared to the junk iPhone I had.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mmazzini
My Carrier: SFR

Hello,

are you sure about this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nexxtstop
My Device: Blackberry 9900