Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
jwilson2090
My Device: 9000 Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: My Blackberry Bold 9000 crashed and won't start or charge at all!

It is a small program so even with dial up it will only take you about 4 min. with a 56k modem once the program is in and running just plug in the phone and see whar errors there are , I am sure if you cut and paste the error in the google search it will tell you, save the error log then clear it the wipe the hand set. and see if your supplier has any new software for the phone the version of softwre is in the main menu under options and hit about. Hope this helps. Rogers also does the same with phones they send a refurb not a new 1 but Bell up here on the other hand will send you a new 1 or at least did

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hootiecootie
My Device: Blackberry bold
My Carrier: at&t

I will definately try it thank you so much! Especially taking the time to take my dial-up into consideration. Would you still recommend to replacing the phone. I am just a little leary after last one they sent was not working very well and though it has been reburbished, I have no idea what it has gone through before I got it. Thanks again for your time!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jwilson2090
My Device: 9000 Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi unless you can find a newer firmware and update it as it seems as though that is where the majority of the problems lie, but as with mine it was the files that do not get updated that were corrupt and that can't be changed unless you get the full package of the software for the phone which no on is willing to give out as I asked on 2 or 3 different boards for it and never received it from anyone and that file would be just too large to download from dialup. If you have anyone with high speed that you know you can install desktop manager on their computer and with the newer versions they will check right away to see if there are any updates for your phone as soon as you plug your phone in with the USB cable supplied with your phone. let it backup and install the update and see if that fixes the issues if it does just keep your phone if that fails tell your supplier that you expect a replacement in the same condition as yours except without ant problems and see what happens. It's tough out there and everyone is trying to save a buck that is why they buy the refurb phones for exchange, they only cost about 50% of a new 1 though the refurb phones go through a 3rd party to be checked over and they usually just check to see if they start and make a call and they call them refurb phones

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Delroy
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Hey Mate thanks very much as your suggestion sorted out my BlackBerry out. I was about to throw it against a wall until I tried your suggested solution.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
MrPataka
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Hello, I think I discovered a solution.... Take off your battery and put the bb in USB cable... Then, turn on the b desktop manager... It will say that the b is in restart mode or something like that. Just click in repair button and it will install a new software in your bb. IM doing this just right now and I don't know if it will work, but I hope that it is a solution

Please use plain text.