Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Solutions: 6,267
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My Blackberry Bold 9000 crashed and won't start or charge at all!

And here is a link the BB Swiss Army Knife applicaiton:

http://www.rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=18

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: 9000 Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank You for putting the link up for him I know I hit a lot of different sites looking for it, 1 site redirects to R*pidsh*re and they want 6 or 7 pounds for it and it's less than a mg so that is fairly expensive I did make a donation on the 1 site I found and it said  that was so I could download the program which also did not work, so thank you for making it easy to find as it is a useful program in the right hands. I found it had a fairly easy to use GUI

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Thank you both very much for all your help!! My phone is doing something right now! Nevermind it booted up and everything is still there and all is good! My wife did 20 flips and is super happy! As soon as she stops crying I will take the phone back from her and back up the pictures haha.

Thanx again!!!!!

Contributor

Glad we all could help, the internet makes the world a lot smaller place especially when you have a problem usually there is someone that know a little more or have been through the same or a simillar thing and is able to help. Now get those pics off that thing and don't forget to change your settings to save to the media card and put 1 in that way the important things like pics and contacts can be saved and you will never have to worry about it or have any one upset thinking the worst

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Yah that's a great idea! We will for sure get media cards now. Thanx again!

Contributor

Just remember that when switching out your phone to remember to remove it I have lost a couple that way and also as with any other media type it does not last forever I usually toss them every 3 years or so as them can go bad also so just schedule a device back up every 7 days and include everything. I have been taught a few tough lessons about backing up also. Also I think you mentioned they were sending you a new device still exchange it as once the problems start they will continue the BBSAK showed that my 9000 started having problems last March and is finally at the point where I just have a white screen all the time, still the phone works though. Good luck and Happy you were able to retrieve you important pics and data

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: att

JWison2090

Thank You Sooo much, you saved me, my phone one day just turned off 3 days ago and me looking online for information ran up to ur add and found this. I left the battery out for 24hrs and my phone suddenly turned on. Thank You very much.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold
My Carrier: at&t

I want to put this in writing to give hope to anyone who is having a problem like this.  My phone DIED.  I too had not backed it up in a long time.  It was dead for a week.  AT&T had sent me a new phone and I decided to try one last time before sending it in.  I plugged it in and it came back to life.  I had tried it earlier in the week after it sat for several days without its battery and it still did not work.  On this last try, I was astonished to see it's red light.  If you have this problem do not dispare.  Leaving the battery out seems to work.  I can't say it will always do the job but I would have NEVER believed that just letting it sit could have fixed it.  The other point to learn from here is BACK UP YOUR PHONE REGULARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Then if it crashes it won't be so scary!

Contributor

It is funny but once all of the voltage that is stored in the phone in the chips and diodes as I do not think they have a battery on their main board is completely drained the phone is back to the beginning ( of course all your stuff is still there ) before there was a problem, the problem will probably come back but if you are going to keep that phone and have not downloaded the BBSAK V1.5 program we talked about earlier in this post, you should down load it and run the read event log  and see when the errors started,  Then factory restore the device and have downloaded the latest software from your supplier once it restarts read the error log again and see if it comes up with any errors, it there are no errors you should be OK for a while if it's a older phone and your finances allow it buy a new phone if not just regularly back it up you can set desktop manager to do it on it's own every so often. Here is a prime example I have a new 9700 from Rogers yesterday it would not access the internet, here is the error data, Rogers won't know what it means but RIM (Blackberry will)

guide:0xE8C5006FD91C5EBD time: Thu Jan 14 09:30:01 2010  severity:3

type:2 app:net.rim.gcmp data:GSnt

this is the most sever up to the 14th but there are a full listing with less severe  errors and this is a brand new phone as I mentioned when I started it this morning to check it there were a lot more level 3 errors and when I did a factory rest it had some level 5 errors along with a lot of other level 0 errors, so possibly the phone will need to be reloaded with the newer firmware from Rogers. Basiclly as we know they are just a small computer and need newer software to correct arrors in the programming. Hope this helps a bit.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold
My Carrier: at&t

This "BBSAK 1.5" software that you are talking about, do I have to download it to my home computer?  I only have dial up at home and of course it doesn't download anything.  Let's say I do use this software to find out what error codes my phone has, is there a place to trouble shoot and easily fix the problems.  I thought when I went into the options menu on my phone and "wiped" everything off of it should take care of the proplem.  I would love to fix my own phone.  I sent the replacement back because the track ball didn't work well and the plasma in the screen was weird.  AT&T only replaces with refurbished models.  I sure don't want someone elses problems.  I am buying my time till my upgrade comes along.