Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

My Blackberry Bold 9900 does not work anymore

Hello, my name is Paula. I'm just writing to say how deeply dissapointed I am. I have had 6 different blackberries in my life, including pearl, curve and a couple of Bold. I was in love with blackberry till I bought the Bold 9900 a year ago. After 6 months it stopped working, just showed the red led light but did not turn on. I fixed it but after a year it happened again, this time has definitely died. It is a new phone, it cannot be fixed. Then as I bought it in the US but live in Argentina nobody feels responsible, nobody cares so I'll have to buy another phone. This time of course it is not going to be a blackberry. Deeply sad.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: My Blackberry Bold 9900 does not work anymore

Hello paularicchio, 

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your issue. 

Are you still only seeing the red light on your device? If this is the case then you can try using the steps in the following article to try and reload your BlackBerry device software. 

How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Let us know if this helps. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Thank you, but it does not work, when I try to update the software it says that BB desktop cannot communicate with the BB and then if I click on update, it does not find any...

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Hello paularicchio, 

If this process is not working then you will want to contact your point of sale or mobile service provider for options. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!