Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

olivia1998
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

My Blackberry Bold 9900 will not turn on .. ?

Hi.

Okay, so lastnight my phone was really dead (not able to use radio) so I was using but then I got up to use the washroom and when I came back my phone was off. At first I didn't think much of it, so I tried to turn it on buy holding down the end button but that didn't work (Btw I plugged my phone into my computer after it died). So I just tried taking the battery out and turning back on but nothing happened it didn't start up, the LED light didn't flash, nothing at all happened. So I thought maybe it was because it was plugged into the computer so I plugged it into my wall charger and left it after about 30mins I tried turning it on again and still nothing happened it was getting late so I left it plugged into my wall (so it could charge over night) and went to sleep because I thought maybe the battery was completley drained :Sleep1:. But when I woke up this morning I tried to turn my phone on and AGAIN nothing happened:Dots:. I also thought maybe it was the outlet so about 30mins ago I moved the charger to a different outlet and still nothing from my phone.I don't know what to do and I REALLY need my phone. Please help me!

Here's any additonal info :

My mobile provider is Bell, I have had my phone since February 23 2012 and today's date is March 22 2012, I have only dropped my phone about 3 times but they were not huge impact only small falls, I have brought my phone into the bathroom with me while I showered around 5 times (I have stopped since my best friend's phone broke like that):Oops:, I use my phone all day everyday andd charge when the battery starts getting low, my phone has worked great since I've got it and nothing drastic like this has happened.

Your help is very appreciated. PLEASE HELP ME!! :Helpsmilie: 

JGvd
My Device: bold 9900

Re: My Blackberry Bold 9900 will not turn on .. ?

Hi

I just had the same problem with mine and got very frustrated so I took the battery out and unplugged and unplugged the charger till I saw the LED flash red the put the battery back and it worked again :smileyvery-happy: as for the humidity thing don't worry if it affects something it will be one of the speakers so you WILL notice something wrong!

I hope this helps!!!!

Trusted Contributor
DaedalusWren
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Have you tried pulling your battery and leaving it unplugged overnight, then in the morning try the USB charger only to see if you at least get the red led to come on. If it does come on, leave it plugged in and insert your battery. Hopefully it will boot up and begin to charge and act normal. Have you tried the Loader.exe program in the Blackberry Desktop to see if the phone can be recognized?

If you do not have Blackberry Desktop on your computer, you can get it here..

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

Personally though, with the phone still under warranty, I would be dropping it off at Bell for a replacement or at least a diagnostic on the phone and battery.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

New Contributor
will-i-am638
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi,

I switched my Bold 9900 off today while traveling by bus, hoping it would pick up 3G service rather than GPRS. I got a surprise when it would not switch on again. I left it until geting into work and removed the battery for a few seconds and then replaced it - Bingo it was then possible to switch on as normal. This is not an uncommon problem with many digital devices and can usually be solved with a re-boot by completely removing the source of power.

lauranicole99
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

mine does the exact same quite alot actually when i charge it!:Wacko: i get really fustrated as i cant cope without it! what i do is take out the battery leave it for 5 mins put it back in and imediatly plug it in to the charger, this only works occasionaly does the red light come on for a minute when u restart it cuz mine does and it wont ever **bleep** on dont worry it will eventually. xxx if u can solve my problem please help username lauranicole99 xxxxxx thankyou

lauranicole99
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

r some reason theres a bleep where i wrote come on hahaha

BJTT

my BOLD 9900 did not turn on again after I switched a brand new, working SIM card into it at one of BB's official dealers in HK. Even with the technician sitting beside me, he had NO hope of reviving my B9900! It died with nil pre-warning or symptom beforehand when I was still happying whatspping & emailing & calling etc.
DARN BB!
Luckily (for me, not for BB) my B9900 is still under 2yr warranty so tech man immediately took out a brand new one as replacement - he has seen this happened before & could not revive someone else's BB either.
DARN BB! :smileysad:
Visitor
Tenosca

The same happened to me, my bold 9900 went off when i tried to power it on it wouldn't power on only a red light blinking, when i tried to charge it the same red light blinked tried to reload the os but my computer would not recognise it i tried to remove and put back the battery but no luck. Now my question is will my bold ever work and if it will when??i heard that RIM is working on an OS but when will it be out and will it ever load in some phones since they can not even be recognised by computers, RIM should work on this and fast if it ever wants to survive otherwise we will all move to android and IOS

mrroxsi
My Device: bold 9000

Help..!!!
My blackberry will not turn on..
it is totally non-responsive!
however when i charge it a red light flashes but it still does not turn on.
My computer is not picking it up either...
Please help..

I pulled the battery and still nothing. I have it on charge now.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

mrroxsi wrote:

Help..!!!
My blackberry will not turn on..
it is totally non-responsive!
however when i charge it a red light flashes but it still does not turn on.
My computer is not picking it up either...
Please help..

I pulled the battery and still nothing. I have it on charge now.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code