Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Antony1
My Device: blaclberry bold 9900

Re: My Blackberry Bold 9900 will not turn on .. ?

My blackberry dies in about 20 mins on standby what can I do ?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Antony1

Need help asap as I'm usen the blackberry now for this
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Antony1 wrote:
Need help asap as I'm usen the blackberry now for this

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please scroll up and read this thread. Try out the things already recommended. If nothing helps, then report back with details and specifics of exactly what you attempted and exactly what the results were.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Antony1

I have tried new battery chargeing it for 8 hour and more. On off updates. Restore setting. Deleteing apps turning some setting off. The lot. When I lev it on standby it die in 20 mins. Don't really no what else there is 2 do. I drop the phone far times its got a crack screem but it still fine to see and that. That's it.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ummm....

Antony1 wrote:
I have tried new battery chargeing it for 8 hour and more.

Is that 2 different things? A new battery as well as 8 hours of charging? If so, that does not complete any of what I recommended in post 10 above (if that's what you were trying to communicate that you attempted)...

Antony1 wrote:
On off updates.

I don't at all understand that...

Antony1 wrote:
Restore setting.

Nor that.

Antony1 wrote:
Deleteing apps

More details would be helpful.

Antony1 wrote:
turning some setting off.

Which ones?

Antony1 wrote:
The lot.

No way to interpret that...

Antony1 wrote:
When I lev it on standby it die in 20 mins.

Yes, you already said that in your first post.

Antony1 wrote:
Don't really no what else there is 2 do.

There is quite a bit more in this thread previously recommended. I'd suggest you start with post 10, and conduct that exactly as described. Note carefully the "known good" aspect of the battery swap section...while rare, a "new" battery certainly can be defective.

You also may want to attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Antony1 wrote:
I drop the phone far times its got a crack screem but it still fine to see and that. That's it.

You may have physically damaged it...but diagnosing that at an internet distance is impossible. Only a qualified technician, with the device in their hands, can give you a proper diagnosis if the problem indeed is hardware damage.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stevanuscolonne
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi mrroxsi, Try this: 1. Connect your blackberry to computer using usb cable. If desktop manager automatically open, then close it because it will not able to detect your bb at this moment. 2. Open apploader.exe from "C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" or if your computer is windows 64 bit then open from "C:\program files(x86)\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" 3. Apploader window will open then click next twice and your blackberry LED will stop blinking and start to boot normally. 4. Then close apploader window and let your blackberry start normally.
If want to thanks click "Like", if problem solved by this post then click "Solution" so others can find it
Please use plain text.
JohnDel
My Device: Bold 9900

My BB is not responsive and tried all steps suggested including 4+ hours for reset as per previous answer.  Any further recommendations?  This is ver frustrating as the phone is new. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

JohnDel wrote:

My BB is not responsive and tried all steps suggested including 4+ hours for reset as per previous answer.  Any further recommendations?  This is ver frustrating as the phone is new. 

Since you only specifically mention the 4h15m process, yet you also say you "tried all steps", I am confused as to what you actually may or may not have tried from this extensive thread. There are many different things recommended herein...and it's difficult to be sure what you've actually tried and not tried. My confusion is exacerbated by the fact that the post that contained the 4h15m process had a second half to that same post (a battery swap), but you said nothing about that at all. So I cannot be quite sure if you truly already tried everything in the thread.

Therefore, I recommend you review this entire thread and attempt the different things already posted. If one works, then excellent! If none work, please provide a list of all of the specific things you tried, along with the specific results of each.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
misspaula
My Device: bold 9900

im having the same problem with my bold 9900, was charging the other day and then it just went off, wont turn back on and there is no red light, have a new battery in it, and did the thing you put on about charging it 2 hours etc and still nothing, it hasnt been dropped or banged is there any other advice?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

misspaula wrote:

im having the same problem with my bold 9900, was charging the other day and then it just went off, wont turn back on and there is no red light, have a new battery in it

Note carefully that, if you are attempting to follow the steps listed in the second half of post 10 above, then "new" and "known good" are not necessarily the same thing; while rare, a new battery can be defective. The quickest (and least costly, I  might add) method to do that test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

misspaula wrote:

and did the thing you put on about charging it 2 hours etc and still nothing,

So, by that, I surmise you mean the first half of the recommendations in post 10 above. It seems you've done these in a different order than recommended, but that is likely of no consequence. Unless, of course, you only tried with one of your batteries...logically, you should try the 4h15m process with both of your batteries, including a truly "known good" one.

misspaula wrote:

is there any other advice?

Yes -- everything else listed in this thread already...

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.