Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
declang7
My Device: Not Specified

My Blackberry Bold keeps on resetting itself

Hi,

I recently got a Blackberry Bold 9000 and its only 1 and a half days old, but it frequently resets itself when i am using it, i had this problem with my last Blackberry Bold  which i sent back to vodafone for a replacement.  The phone goes black then the light in the top right goes red and it hard resets itself. I have checked my software and it says everything is up to date.

Does anyone have any ideas how i could solve the problem. In urgent need of help and am seriously frustrated !

Thanks in advance,

Dec G 

New Contributor
kackburt
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: My Blackberry Bold keeps on resetting itself

[ Edited ]

hey!

Could you be more precise? When does it "reset" itself? Anytime you're using it, or maybe while in pocket?

cheers,

Message Edited by kackburt on 02-09-2009 09:46 PM
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Hi declang7, try updating the software, follow this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621&sliceId=1&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
declang7

Hi Kacjburt,

Thanks for your help, it resets completely randomly. Sometimes it will reset itself when its in my pocket, but most of the time when im using it (any applications).

Any ideas

Cheers 

New Contributor
declang7

Thanks urumilton, 

I cant seem to download the software. DO you have to do it through the PC Suite? if so I have a mac, is the software compatible?

Thanks

Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

No declang7, is only available to download with windows pc, sorry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
rubsuarez

Re: My Blackberry Bold resetting itself

I bought this wonderfull BB Bold 2 weeks ago, everything was perfect, but.... during  a conversation the phone just turn off by itself and no way to turn it on, I did connect the phone to the pc just to charge it, but i have not respond on it, just a red light.. i try to turn it on and a blank screen pop up with a battery cross by a lightting... well i try to turn it on and nothing.. i wait several minutes until this screen when off and the red light again was on... . later i try to turn it on and i could but this is the sorprise.. the phone reset it self to a factory settings plus erase all my content on my miniSD card.......

I do not know what happend but i do not want to deal with a phone that will let me down on the street with out sensitive information.....

Does an body can suggest what to do next?

Thanks for your time and advice.

New Contributor
77strings

Just wanting to add another complaint to the thread, in the hope somebody offical is watching.

Mine is also resetting itself, however mine MAINLY occurs while I'm listening to music.  My morning train ride is about an hour, and roughly 30 minutes into the journey EVERY morning, my music stops, and the red light comes on, and it's resetting itself.

Like I said, I notice it while I'm listening to music, because it's directly affecting me, but I've also seen it to it while it was sitting on a table, I would see the red light come on from the corner of my eye.

I'm running 4.6.0.247

Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Re: My Blackberry Bold resetting itself

Hi,

The symbol of a abttery with the lightninh bolt thru it indicates the battery is too low to work.

It will disappear too as the battery gets to flat to even show that.

You need to charge the device.

Possibly the OS is faulty, but try a different battery first.

Try to plug the HH into the Charger. Do you see the main screen? There should be a battery with a 'plug' symbol next to the battery indicator.

Do you see that?

If not the  battery is faulty OR the OS needs replacing.

But you could do both...

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
renroque

I had similar problems from what I've read in the threads.  My Bold has v4.6.0.297.  It seems the resetting problem for me is due to Google Sync.  I changed my Google Sync configuration from auto to manual and have not had problems w my Bold resetting since - 3 weeks and counting!