Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Reply
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,530
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: My Blackberry Bold keeps turning itself off!

OK...you are most welcome and no worries...but another thought came to me just now...

 

It is also possible that your battery is the actual root cause...to test, this sequence is needed:

  1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.


Good luck and let us know!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Spud1
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎06-28-2012
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: My Blackberry Bold keeps turning itself off!

Hi, I have tried another battery in my Blackberry and that hasn't solved the problem. I only purchsed it in June last year and  I have decided to send it back to Phones for You as I am told it should be covered under the manufacturers warranty. I have been told to make sure my phone numbers etc are all backed up before dropping it in because the phone memory will likely be wiped in the process of whatever they intend to do. I tried to backup on my Blackberry Desktop software but it freezes at about 90% progress on ' backing up smart card option1' so I have given up with that. However I do have Blackberry protect on my device and have just managed to carry out a fresh backup on that.

My question is does Blackberry protect backup all my contacts? So when I get the repaired handset back I can just restore the backup back onto the device? Im not fussed about my messages or pictures etc. But my contacts are quite important. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,530
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: My Blackberry Bold keeps turning itself off!


Spud1 wrote:

Hi, I have tried another battery in my Blackberry and that hasn't solved the problem. I only purchsed it in June last year and  I have decided to send it back to Phones for You as I am told it should be covered under the manufacturers warranty.


A completely reasonable choice.


Spud1 wrote:

I have been told to make sure my phone numbers etc are all backed up before dropping it in because the phone memory will likely be wiped in the process of whatever they intend to do. I tried to backup on my Blackberry Desktop software but it freezes at about 90% progress on ' backing up smart card option1' so I have given up with that.


You can get past that:

  • KB29522 "Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Spud1 wrote:

However I do have Blackberry protect on my device and have just managed to carry out a fresh backup on that.

My question is does Blackberry protect backup all my contacts? So when I get the repaired handset back I can just restore the backup back onto the device? Im not fussed about my messages or pictures etc. But my contacts are quite important. Thanks


See the link in my auto-sig for information. If I recall correctly, BB Protect backs up something like 8 total databases. The Desktop Software backs up all of them...more than 20 as I recall.

Good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.