Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

mgiguere24
My Carrier: Videotron

My Blackberry experience over the last year in a half

[ Edited ]

To whom it may concern,

I am not sure if someone is going to read this but I wanted to take time and write this email maybe because I felt like I needed to tell someone about what happened over the last year in a half or maybe in a way I am hoping someone is going to do a little something for me. 

My name is Marie-Christine Giguere, I am 25 and I live in Quebec city. I have had Blackberry phones for the past 10 years and I have always been a great loyal customer even promoting your brand for the last 10 years. I basically swear by Blacberry for mobile phones. I am just really disapointed right now because I got a BB9700 in 2011 with my mobile carrier Videotron here in Quebec city and within 3 months after I had to change the mobile phone twice because it wasn't working properly then a few months after that, again, I had to argue and prove that my phone wasnt working properly once more and they finally gave me the BB9900 in July 2012 to replace my broken phone. Once they gave me my BB9900 they told me well let's hope this one works out for you because it is discontinued by Blackberry has they realized the BB9900 were bad phones and they had too many returns for it. I thought this was an awfull thing to say first of all and second of all I really wondered why they game it to me if it was not going to be a good phone. I know this is probably not your problem but today I find myself having this BB9900 that won't update no matter what I do with it, I have changed the battery twice and it still won't keep its charge and nobody seem to want to help me over at Videotron. They say my phone isn`t garanteed anymore even if I got it in July last year and the only option they give me is to brake my contract and pay 155$ which still won't give me a phone that works. I really wanted to know if this is all true about the BB 9900? I NEVER had any problems with my Blackberry phones before so I don't know what is going on and what I am suppose to do next, which phone to go I go for now?

I know you probably receive thousands of email per day and are probably really busy but if someone wanted to email me back at leat to let me know someone has read my email and maybe a solution or advice on what to do because I really wanna stay with you guys because you have a special place in my heart but I just don't really know what to do anymore and I would love to have a phone that works :smileysad:

Thank you so much in advance,

Marie-(personal info removed)
marie(personal info removed)@hotmail.com
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My Blackberry experience over the last year in a half

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First off...this is a user-to-user community, so no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. BlackBerry provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into BlackBerry at no charge to the end user. Further, this forum is not a channel for any formal communications with, escalations to, nor support from BlackBerry for anything whatsoever.

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your place of purchase...even if they may have so far been unwilling to help you to your satisfaction. You need to escalate with them, to higher levels of their management, and even into BlackBerry if they need to.a poor reputation. But you have no free path by which to bypass them for anything about this situation as your contract is solely between you and them...technically, you have no contract at all with BlackBerry.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.