Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 5 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone Ireland

My Blackberry messenger from Nigeria 9930 doesnt work in Ireland-Vodafone how do I unblock it??

Hi! please help me I have a bb bold 9930 from Nigeria and when I connected it here, everything worked BUT the blackberry messenger. Vodafone Ireland said it is because is a Nigerian phone.. I was told that Airtel Nigeria is blocking my bb messenger just because it is locked to the. How can I make my bb messenger work?

PD: I do have my BBerry option active and unlimited internet, What's App works fine on WIFI BUT the messenger....

I really appreciate your help

Regards

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: My Blackberry messenger from Nigeria 9930 doesnt work in Ireland-Vodafone how do I unblock it??

Sean2010 wrote:

Hi! please help me I have a bb bold 9930 from Nigeria and when I connected it here, everything worked BUT the blackberry messenger. Vodafone Ireland said it is because is a Nigerian phone.. I was told that Airtel Nigeria is blocking my bb messenger just because it is locked to the. How can I make my bb messenger work?

Hello Sean2010

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you present Carrier says it is locked with your previous Carrier ,then you need to contact Airtel Nigeria and let them release your Device PIN . Or if your device is locked you can also refer to this Article for help :

Unlocking your BlackBerry Guide

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Re: My Blackberry messenger from Nigeria 9930 doesnt work in Ireland-Vodafone how do I unblock it??

Thanks alot for your reply prince2012 (Elite I),

I went through the steps in the link below and the device for all the items showed says "Disabled and Inactive."

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/Unlocking-your-BlackBerry-Gu...

Is there anything else i need to do to get the BBM to work for Vodafone in Ireland?

Thanks in advance

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there,

After following the guide if you find that everything is Disabled or Inactive then as a next step you have to call your previous carrier to be sure that have released your PIN from there database or if you have any unpaid dues with them .

I assume you already try to activate a BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS with your present Carrier .You should also read this KB article :

KB03889 Changing the service provider or network

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Re: My Blackberry messenger from Nigeria 9930 doesn't work in Ireland-Vodafone how do I unblock it??

Thanks a lot for your contribution. 

I did ring the previous service provider requesting for the PIN to be released but they don't seem to understand what I was talking about.

N:B There was no outstanding bill with the previous service provider. 

All I just want is, to be able to use my BBM while away for few months. 

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My Blackberry messenger from Nigeria 9930 doesn't work in Ireland-Vodafone how do I unblock it??

Well, for one thing, the 9930 is not a Nigerian device, but a USA model made only for Verizon and Sprint networks, but it does include the proper network bands for outside the USA.

You do need to ask Vodafone if the PIN of your device is showing as block or suspended in any way.

Are you ago to setup your email accounts and use the mail ok?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks alot for your reply. 

I had the phone when i was tranferred to go work in the USA for few years and after i returned to Nigeria, the phone still worked fine with a Nigerian network (Airtel).

I did ring Vodaphone Ireland and they said the Pin is locked to my Nigerian network (Airtel Network).

I did ring Airtel and they said they dont have anything to do with my phone as they only provided the Sim card and i subscribed to there Blackberry data plan.

My emails are not working either. The only app that is working is the What's app and Facebook app.

Thanks in advance

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sean2010 wrote:

I did ring Vodaphone Ireland and they said the Pin is locked to my Nigerian network (Airtel Network).

I did ring Airtel and they said they dont have anything to do with my phone as they only provided the Sim card and i subscribed to there Blackberry data plan.

My emails are not working either. The only app that is working is the What's app and Facebook app.

Airtel needs to release your PIN from their network. This is is a common issue with some mobile providers and you're just going to need to convince them somehow. Airtel is not known for it's customer service.

Try this link below and see if you can get BlackBerry Technical support to assist on your issue.

https://www.blackberry.com/technicalsupport/index.do?ft=generic

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks alot for your contribution and your reply. I am glad to know that am not the only one with an issue with Airtel network. 

I will send the message to the BlackBerry Technical support to see what they can do.

Regards