Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
eve9790
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

My Blackberry will not complete the back up in the Blackberry Desktop Manager

I have been having problems with my blackberry as it has been crashing every few minutes. I want to take it back to the shop but I need to back it up and it will not complete the back up. What do I do? I don't want to lose all my contacts and messages!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: My Blackberry will not complete the back up in the Blackberry Desktop Manager

Hi eve9790

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you confirm particularly at which stage your device struck during a backup ? Is the smart card option or something else .

You can also perform a selective backup , have you tried that .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eve9790

Re: My Blackberry will not complete the back up in the Blackberry Desktop Manager

It is the smart card option
no because I would rather back it all up
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi eve9790

OK then try this : Connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software for windows , In desktop Software Click on Devive > Delete Data > Choose Selected data > Scroll down to Social feed Database > Mark it and and click on Delete . Once that Database is deleted try to perform a full backup. it may work .

KB29522 : "Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Try it and let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eve9790

Okay,

Also I can't seem to back up my contacts. I think they may be synced to my email. If they are backed up onto my email am I guaranteed to get them onto my new phone or should I take them off the email and back them up? If so how do I do that?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

eve9790 wrote:

Okay,

Also I can't seem to back up my contacts. I think they may be synced to my email. 

Hi eve9790

First trun off  wireless Contact Sync. , for that Open your Address book or Contacts - press the menu key  > Options > Contact list ( your email id ) Click on it - then on that screen Unmark Wireless Sync then save.

KB22430 : How to enable or disable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

After that you can try backing up your contacts. 

eve9790 wrote:

If they are backed up onto my email am I guaranteed to get them onto my new phone or should I take them off the email and back them up? If so how do I do that?

If you have sync and stored your contacts with any email account , then if you reconfigure that particular email account  in your new device then  you can .

But have you tried to perform those steps that I already suggested , first disable wireless sync then perform a full backup after deleting those social feed database. 

Please use plain text.