Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Bangwizz
My Device: Not Specified

My Bold 9000 will not play wma music files - any help? Please.

Hi,

I know I can convert to mp3 and the files play fine but I have around 142 GB of music and do not want to convert it all, would rather find a solution because as far as I know the Bold 9000 is supposed to be able to play wma's. Anyone have a solution?

When I try to play a wma I get the message: "The media being played is of an unsupported format."

Thank you,

Bangwizz

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: My Bold 9000 will not play wma music files - any help? Please.

This KB article indicates WMAs are supported for the Bold - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05482

However it indicates the codec t or Windows Media Audio 9 Standard/Professionalhat the video was made in has to either br Windows Media Audio 10 Standard/Professional. If they aren't in that format then they won't play (or if they have DRM on them they won't play) and will have to be converted.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bangwizz
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks, Checked my Windows Media and it is v11 so I guess that is why it is not working. Bloody pain. Any good software or quick conversion to make sure 140Gb are DMR free and play on my BB Bold 9000?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

You can try the media manager software included in the Desktop Manager, or some others on the board use Audacity to convery their songs
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.