Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
veryannoyed
My Device: Bold 9900

My Bold 9900 loses device memory continuously. What can I do please?

My Bold 9900 loses device memory continuously. What can I do please?  I 'close' everything after I use it.   I only have one app (whatsapp). I dont get many emails.  I dont take photos or videos.  What can I do please?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: My Bold 9900 loses device memory continuously. What can I do please?

Hello veryannoyed

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Currently how much device memory you have ? Do you have a Media Card in your device !

Generally In a long our device any lose memory , and doing a battery pull restart is enough to recover those memory loss, you can perform a battery pull at a regular interval . Also try this KB :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

First go through it and let us know .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
veryannoyed

Thx for your reply but I have done all that. I do a battery pull twice a day. Any other ideas?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
veryannoyed

Thx for your reply but I have done all that. I do a battery pull twice a day. Any other ideas? It loses memory every hour or so without being touched
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hello veryannoyed

As I asked how much free memory you have , Go to Options > Device > Device and Status Information > Under hearder Device Information Check your Free Memory .

How much memory you're losing within hrs. ? 

Also as I asked  do you have any media card in your device and are you using your media card as the storage for all of your media files . A small amount of memory may leak and battery pull is enough to recover that as I stated earlier.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
veryannoyed

Thx for your reply. Yes I use a media card for al media files. After i do a battery pull the device memory is then always at around 95000000 bytes. Within about 5 to 6 hours it is down to about 45000000 bytes without me even using the phone.
Please use plain text.