Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
xRooney23
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

My Bold 9900 wont turn on?

So my phone was drained last night, 2 hours before i got home form a NYEs party, i was exhausted, didnt even plug it in. 14 hours after being drained, i charged, the RED LED came on for 5 seconds, then went back off, then nothing happened, i unplugged it, then plugged the charger again, the red led comes for 5 seconds then nothing happens after that.. i unplugged it from the charger. took out the battery for 5 minutes. put it back on, red led, 5 seconds, nothing happened. plug it in to charge again, red led 5 seconds, nothing happens.

any help would be appreciated! its a Bold 9900

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: My Bold 9900 wont turn on?

Hi,

LEAVE the device connected to the wall outlet charger (not the USB > PC charger).
Leave it connected for 24 hours... every 3-5 hours, press and hold the power button only for about 20 seconds. Eventually it will boot on up, but first must reach a certain charge level.
You will see the blinking red and perhaps yellowish LED light, and perhaps a symbol on screen of "no battery". That means the battery is drained, but it must reach a certain charge before powering on.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
xRooney23
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

It didnt say anything, keeps giving me the red lights when i hold it down

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

You need to have patience. Keep the device on power socket for longer period of time. If the above solution doesn't work for your then you need to consider updating your device OS.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit