Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

My Messages Folder disappeared

My Blackberry Bold locked up on me and I had to take the battery out for it to unlock. When my phone rebooted, My Messages Icon(folder) has disappeared. I have my SMS and Email folders combined and everything worked fine until I took my battery out to reset the phone.

This happened before and after taking the battery out and rebooting the phone again, everything was back to normal and the Messages folder and Icon were there...not this time.

I have made sure that the Messages folder is not hidden and I can get the SMS folder if I have separate Email and SMS folders, but I would like to have them combined.

Any suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: My Messages Folder disappeared

Try resetting the theme or chage the theme.

Menu, options, theme, go to Which one is active and press menu and reset, if not appears change the theme to the other and check if you have the messages folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

hi exactly the same problem has occured with my blackberry 8900 and also tried chaging the theme and rechanging it again but it was no use the main messgaes icon does not seem ti be found anywhere, as well as im unable to dial form my home screen after this

pls pls pls help as i do not want to format my phone or loose my data

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

hi exactly the same problem in the same way has occurred with my blackberry 8900 and im unable to bring it back even after changing themese. not only this after the messages icon has disappeared im unable to view call logs and not even able to dial from the home screen even though the home creen dialling option is on in the system

plsplspls help as i do nto want to loose my data and nor do i prefer formatting my phone

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

At the risk of making an obvious, perhaps dumb, simple suggestion, I had this happen to me with a subfolder I had created recently and was all set for a radical fix, when I instead tried this -- 1) going to the homescreen, 2) hitting the Blackberry button,  3) selecting "Show All", 4) look for and hopefully find "missing" folder and select it, 5) hitting Blackberry button again, 6) unchecking "Hide" by selecting missing folder again (clearing the checkmark) and then 7) hitting Blackberry button again and toggling off "Show All" by selecting it.  Once the homescreen displayed with only the non-hidden buttons showing, the missing folder was back.   

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

I have the same problem! I dont know what to do. And I also cant dial from my homescreen

New Contributor
My Device: 9780

I faced this problem before and and after a lot of tries I opened the menu, clicked on the blackberry button, clicked on "show all" and it appeared :smileyvery-happy:

I don't know why it was hidden !!

P.S i faced this problem on OS 5 & OS 6

Hopefully this is gonna help you with your problem.
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: ATT

I'd like you to know that I registered and everything on this page to personally thank you. I was having the worst time finding the folder and I tried every suggestion but with no luck. In the end it was "hidden". Sometimes its the simplest solutions are the last ones we try.

THANKS AGAIN!