Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
l0oker
My Device: 9650 Bold

My Phone is possessed

My phone make this noise that sounds like WE WE hi pitched.  I have removed the software and reinstalled it and it still does it.  I upgraded the software and it still does it.  I turn off all sounds and it still does it.  sometimes it don’t do it for days then other times it does a couple times a day.  I look at the phone when it does it but I don’t see anything.  This is so annoying to me I’m ready to throw it.  I think maybe that when it goes in and out of service this happens but I’m not sure.  The times it makes the noise is random.  I notice it freezes a lot too.  I don’t have a lot of apps on it maybe 10 at the most.  I downloaded a virus checker but it found nothing so I removed it.  Can someone help!!!!   I’m afraid I’m going to throw it across the room one day. LOL

Thanks,

Mike

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My Phone is possessed

There are NO viruses for a BlackBerry.

But this is crazy!

How long has it done this, how long have you had the device?

What process did you use to "remove the software"?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
l0oker

It has done it for I would say 2 to 3 months.  I have had the phone for 2 years.  Just out of the blue it says WE WE. I removed the software thru the computer on the BB Desktop.  No help it still does it.  I have notice that my phone is turning the mobile network off a lot lately too.  Mostly in the morning it is turned off. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Does it actually sound like a recorded tone, or some odd electronic hissing WEEE WEEE tone?

Have you EVER received an MMS message from a friend with this tone... Can you check your MMS folders?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
l0oker

It sounds like a kid is saying weeee weeee real fast and then nothing it stops.  I have never received a mms from anyone with this that im aware of.  and why if I put it on silent mode would I still hear it and no other sounds come out.

:Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
opusdei
My Device: Bold 9780 and bold 9900

You ve uninstalled the app through desktop software, and when you check the list of apps installed on your phone when using "my world" in BB app store, what does it say ? does it see the app installed , uninstalled or invisible ?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
l0oker

There is no app for this thing I have.  It seams like it started happening when I installed Message Preview for BBM.  I didn't like this app because it was freezing up my BB for like 5 sec. at a time so I installed it and ever since then this Sound has been coming out of my phone.  Is it possible a app that I uninstalled left this behind to aggregate me?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
l0oker

There is nothing in my app store that I didn’t put there.
Please use plain text.