Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

My battery is draining from full to dead within 1 hour

I added a friend of a friend from Africa on facebook, on the past weekend. As soon as I added him my battery started draining fast. I removed him and blocked him on facebook but my battery is still draining fast. It never did this before I added him! So with that said I feel my phone has been hacked RIM or not! I know you're going to say it's not been hacked because of RIM but now that they are almost gone, I feel people can get in their backdoor a lot easier now due to this. Who should I report this to. My wifi is always turned off as well as my bluetooth. I never use it. And why did it happen right after I added him only? Help please. It's not my battery and I didn't add any new apps to my phone either...Thanks
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My battery is draining from full to dead within 1 hour

You haven't been hacked. RIM (now called BlackBerry) is not almost gone. Have you read any news or do you let people tell you they're almost gone? Earnings were better than expected and stock price rose 10% just last week.

Nobody has ever gotten in RIM's back door. How do you know it's not your battery? Did you test it somehow?

Have you rebooted your phone by pulling the battery out and reinserting?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes I have pulled the battery even took out the sim card. Why did this happen hours after I added him also? You can see why I suspect that I have been hacked. My Bold has been working fine up until that point. Never had an issue with my battery draining. I don't use my phone that much, only to surf facebook and check my bank account and the odd phone call plus I text. These have never drained my battery ever and now I have to charge my phone 3 times a day when I barely use it. I don't play games on it nor watch video's. The only time I saw my battery drain was on a plane while on airplane mode, and while taking video, which makes sense. This does not make sense to me. I check my battery with a vu meter and it reads fine when full and empty when the phone shuts off due to dead battery. My phone yesterday actually shut off on it's own and wouldn't turn back on until I pulled the battery. Which I thought was weird behaviour.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If you'd like to get off the "My BB has been hacked" tirade we can move on with fixing whatever might have happened to the device. It wasn't hacked--I can guarantee that.

How, exactly, did you "add" this friend from Africa on Facebook? Please tell me exactly what you did.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

A pic of myself and my friend was posted on facebook by my friend who has a lot of friends from Africa. One of them liked the pic and asked me for friendship. I asked my friend if he was ok, and she said yes. So from my bb I added him through facebook.
Guru II

Through the Facebook app or using the browser to go to Facebook.com?
New Contributor

Facebook app
Guru II

Delete the Facebook app. Press and hold it and then click on the red X to delete the app. Restart the phone when prompted.
New Contributor

Should I add the app back again if I find that the battery is still draining? I just had to charge phone again for the 3rd time today, and as soon as I plugged the phone in it reads 40 percent when it was red and no radio use message was promted...
Guru II

No. Let's wait a bit. It can be added back any time.

How old is the device (and battery?)