Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Anikeberili
My Device: BB9900

My bb990 won't turn on 😭

I tried rebooting my phone after an upgrade on one of the apps last night and since then it's been stuck on "blackberry" with quarter left loading blackberry bar. Please help anyone.
Thank you
New Contributor
Anikeberili

Re: My bb990 won't turn on 😭

I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE ANYONE
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

There is no need to yell at the kind volunteers who give of their free time to help out others, now is there?

Plus, being a volunteer-contributed site, it is customary to wait 24 hours before "bumping" a post to try and regain attention...otherwise, you're just not giving the volunteers time to live their equally important lives.

In any event, I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, attempt to undo whatever was the cause.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Anikeberili

Thanx I'm trying that now hope it works.
New Contributor
Anikeberili

Thank for your contribution but it still isn't working.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm..."isn't working"...hmmm. Do you mean it did not get into Safe Mode at all? Or that it got into Safe Mode, but the behavior didn't change? Or perhaps something else?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Anikeberili

It didn't go into safe mode at all
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

How many times did you try? Did you try varying from the specific instructions? What did it do? Did it boot up "normal" and skip Safe Mode? Did it not boot up at all?

Please help us to help you...details from you are needed so that we can understand your situation. We cannot see your BB and depend solely on what you tell us to help guide us to useful recommendations for you. With such limited detail, it's really quite impossible to make any useful guesses as to next steps for you to attempt.

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Anikeberili

I tried it more than six times, all it does is what it's been doing since last nite. stuck on "blackberry" with quarter left loading blackberry bar.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Thank you, that information helps a great deal. Consequently, I can now only recommend more drastic recovery attempts for you...hopefully you already have a good backup, as it's unlikely you'll be able to get one now:

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates