Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
zimetmus
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: My blackberry bold 9700 wont connect to wifi

I'm also haveing the same problem with a 9700 not getting onto wifi.  I get the white dash and the name of the network but can't get the green check mark.  Every once in a while if I delete and put the network back in I'll get the green check, but it never stays around.  I guess I'm glad to know it's not just me going crazy.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zimetmus
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ATT

I've been wrestling with this for 6 months now.  Would really like to have an answer to how to use wifi when I want to.  I've gone through all the forums and 3 levels of blackberry support.  They've sent me a new phone - still can't get onto wifi with any regularity - home network or public hotspots.

Very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
luis44
My Device: 9700bold
My Carrier: claro

what i suspect is that we are connecting to the router, but not the internet modem. i dont know if lack of connection also happens to people that their modem has wireless antennas thus not needing a wireless router. i have a modem connected to a wireless router so im considering this cause.

Please use plain text.
manvinderkohli
My Device: Bold 2 9700, Curve 8530
My Carrier: Vodafone India

I'm having the same problem... connects to the wifi network..but white dash and wifi icon in grey. this happens with my network at home and at work and at my friend's place. I used to have the curve 8530 and that has the exact same problem. my family/coleague/friend on their curve 8500, pearl, and storm 9530 don't have this problem with any of the networks. When i got my curve 8530 i was certain it was going to be my last BB..decided to give the bold 2 a go since i heard such good stuff about it..now i'm gonna do a rethink and prolly go with android..atleast i don't have to deal with this manufacturer monopoly and choose from different phones and manufacturers..and i dont have to keep spending $600 every 6 months because the phones keep crashing or dying...

Please use plain text.
Kahnorster
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I believe I have found the answer! I have a Netgear rtr and it see and connects to the rtr but no access over wireless. After 2 days of calling AT&T and no luck I went in and changed this and I CAN SURF WI-FI ONLY! Go to Manage Connections>Setup Wi-Fi Network>Saved Wi-Fi Networks> (select the network you are connected to as in Linksys or Netgear etc.) then make sure the box that says "Allow inter-access point handover" is checked and you should be able to connect I have been on several sites and now even with the mobile network off completely I have the Blackberry icon by my wireless icon and no issues. I hope this helps all of those fighting with the Bold 9700 Wi-Fi issue.

Please use plain text.
illa
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: vodafone

mate your awesome problem solved!! 

Please use plain text.
mphathachack
My Device: Blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: T-mobile

I just got this phone today & i have no idea how to connect to the wifi. I don't get how it says i have to put in the pin number into my routor. can someone explain how to do this?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,890
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You'll have to log into your router to do that, and your router instructions will tell how and where.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
mphathachack
My Device: Blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: T-mobile

how do you log into your router?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saood
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Zong

can you please tell me whats the matter is occured here with my bb 9700,

I can connect my bb to wifi, Its working some time, But after that It will not working, no single site is connected with the Interenet, although I'm only used that mobile wifi, Its not working with wifi, kindly tell me whats the problem behind it. I read many time your comments but No succesful Comment I found, Kindly help me...thanks

Regards

Saood

Please use plain text.