Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

danielbui
My Device: Not Specified

Re: My blackberry wont connect to the internet

[ Edited ]

OK buddy no it didnt say please retry in 2 seconds flat.

It took about 30 seconds before it said that. clearly it could not find a connection.

I didnt know you wanted step by step details. I basically told you the end result which said please retry.

If I knew blackberry forum supporters were such **bleep**  i wouldnt have asked for help.

oh **bleep** please do not correct my spelling now :smileysad:

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Danielbui,

You received excellent help from well respected member of the forums.

We can help you with your device, but not with your illiteracy or lack of manners.

Call your carrier.

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

michelle7222
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Thank you for the information.  I was having the same problem as the original poster.  I could access my gmail account, send and receive texts, but I could not open any web pages. This was a new onset problem, after several months of the internet browser working just fine.  I followed the steps outlined in the first response of this thread, and it worked!  Thanks again.

Trusted Contributor
melihlevent
My Device: 9000

options - advanced options - tcp-ip

apn : blackberry.net

user name: -

password: -

did you try that?

call you provider ask your access points, your SIM must has blackberry.net access point.

and search your imei and pin it will be suspend.

best regard

Blackberry support teams in linkedin ...join
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2785187&trk=anet_ug_hm

For Russian
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3183812&trk=anetsrch_name&goback=.gdr_1278482273982_1
mc252365
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi sdgardne,

I had the same problem, I have been trying to sort it out for hours.

Followed your steps and hey-presto, up and running within 10 min.

Thanks for the post

New Contributor
amitl
My Device: Bold 9650

Reviving an old post apologies for the same.

I have read the instruction given by sdgardne and I believe he was very patient with the original poster.

I am facing same issues but there are slight differrence being: My BIS was working earlier until my curve 8900 was stolen so here is what I have done so far. Have a social networking package allows access to BBM, facebook, gtalk, twitter apps but not email.

1. Got a replacement SIM and checked with the network provider Etisalat UAE the BIS service is active.

2. Got a verizon branded bold 9650 already unlocked for any carrier GSM, it had a bad esn but a brand new piece got it straight from USA through a friend.

3. Inserted my SIM and it works fine except a minor issue that I can live with (short code to check account balance does not work).

4. Tried to invite contacts to BBM and they showed as pending no one receive and invite, tried connecting to facebook and gtalk unsuccessful, stated not connected please check service.

5. Double checked with Network provide if its active on the new SIM and they confirmed yes.

6. Checked HRT: no entries found followed the option to register now. It stated message sent but its been 4 days no reply or message received still has no entries.

7. Registered on BIS site: etisalat.blackberry.com was able to create an account using my old PIN and IMEI. New PIN and IMEI won't work.

8. Tried the change device option, detect new device failed.

9. Found a backup of old device and restored my contacts, sms and service books.

10. Tried the battery pull with power on. Still HRT says no entries and bbm/fb/gtalk apps dont work.

11. Did a security wipe and started fresh. Still the same.

Now I feel Ihave tried everything I could possibly think of and have reached a deadend not sure of where to go from here. So sdgardne and others if you have any clue of whats wrong and how can I fix this then please advise. Speaking with Etisalat (Network provider) is a night mare because you cant get through to the technical team you can only leave a message for them to check at the backend in their own sweet time.

Oh just a note if its of any help the bold 9650 is not launched here in UAE because UAE does not have CDMA but has 3G & 2G networks, and my phone calls/sms are working I sometimes get the network with following notifications: 3G, EDGE, edge (depending on location)

Cheers guys

bakerboo86
My Device: blackberry 9300 3g

ive have been pulling my hair out for last few hours, trying to work out what i had done to my internet

when i come across this..... i followed ur SIMPLE instructions and YAY!!!! it working again.

so i thought i would say thank you sdgardne for saving me from looking like a fool in the o2 shop

thanks again, louise :smileyvery-happy: 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

bakerboo86 wrote:

ive have been pulling my hair out for last few hours, trying to work out what i had done to my internet

when i come across this..... i followed ur SIMPLE instructions and YAY!!!! it working again.

so i thought i would say thank you sdgardne for saving me from looking like a fool in the o2 shop

thanks again, louise :smileyvery-happy: 

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Oh you are most welcome...enjoy!!! You've made my day!

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
klo-bb
My Device: Bold 9700

APN was the issue, so after I placed the right one, anything work fine now.
New Contributor
jazface
My Device: curve 8520

My Blackberry Curve 8520 will not connect to the internet either

I have went through the options above and still nothing 

My twitter app seems to be working though

Help ?