Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
sbekangba
My Device: Bold 9900

My bold 9900 is locked and I don'j know why

Hi,

I have some trouble with my bold 9900.

5 weeks ago my bold 9900 cannot recognized my SIM CARD.

I can use the SIM Card and all others service with another blackberry but not mine.

The operator Orange told me to contact RIM in order to unlock  but nothing until and I cannot use my mobile.

Please help me

Sylvere B

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: My bold 9900 is locked and I don'j know why

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Firstly...

sbekangba wrote:

The operator Orange told me to contact RIM in order to unlock  but nothing until and I cannot use my mobile.

Sadly, they misdirected you there. You see, RIM provides zero front line support to end users, nor do they give out unlock codes to anyone (the carriers and some other sellers provide unlock codes, but RIM does not). All support and service starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and service centers...all who can escalate cases to RIM at no charge to the end user if needed. But end users have no free path by which to seek any support from RIM whatsoever. That is the nature of the contracts to which all parties are bound.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. For your issue, however, I doubt it would be of any use since RIM does not give out unlock codes. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

So, I suggest you review this helpful thread:

If, for instance, your BB is now hard-locked to it's original carrier, then indeed only the RIM factory can unlock it now. You would have to use the Incident Support system to make such a request. But, from what I've heard, the cost to have that done would exceed the cost of just buying a new BB, even if RIM were to agree to do it (which I doubt).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.