Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
naqvibilal
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: original blackberry

My bold 9900 isn't working anymore.

Hello guys, my problem is unique, I really loved the phone. I'm using it since the last october, so its been around 1o months. I'm a bb fan, I have been using bold from 3-4 years. This battery problem was there, but I carried on using it, cause I loved the phone, even I updated its software dozen times, but now suddenly one day, last week I replied to a text n the phone's power went off, I was at my college so I thought, might the battery has gone, but when I came back home charged me phone it wasn't showing anything. Then I went to a repair shop n he said that I don't understand its fault, your bb is finished. Now its not gonna work, the fault is un repairable. now i don't know what to do. i live in pakistan, n there is no claim agency available, n the warranty is still remaining n theyre asking that they only offer warranty of softwares.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: My bold 9900 isn't working anymore.

Can you take it to the place where you bought the phone?

My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: O2

Have you tried taking the battery off and back on, it seend we are having the same problem.... also try connecting it to your computer via the USB cable and see if these works.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
naqvibilal

i went there, the same person i mentioned, its him. he said that this fault is coming in the new blackberry's.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
naqvibilal

i have tried everything, its been a week and im phoneless.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

He is wrong.  Please take it back there so he can repair or do an exchange.  The device has a 1 year warranty.

http://www.blackberry.com/legal/warranty/handheld.shtml

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Here are some things to try.

1. Start by trying a new battery in the phone. Given that you mentioned that there was a problem with the battery before, that may be a part of the cause for this issue.

2. Force a device OS reload using the following method.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If your computer doesn't recognize your phone in step 2, do the following. Unplug your phone from the computer and remove the battery, then plug the phone back into the computer without the battery. As soon as the computer recognizes the device PIN or shows PIN:UNKNOWN or something like that, click Next. This will catch your phone in the middle of the reboot cycle and will allow your computer to connect. If you miss it, no worries, just unplug your phone and then plug it in again.

Once you've managed to proceed through step 3, you can reinsert the battery and complete the OS reload process.

Now, if none of that works, let us know if you get any red light when you connect the phone to the computer. If you don't, then you have a hardware issue on the phone itself and if that's the case, there is nothing you can do to fix it. If that's the case, you're only option is for warranty repair, but you can only do this if you purchased the phone from an authorized BlackBerry retailer, such as a carrier/wireless service provider. If you purchased the phone from an unauthorized retailer, there is no warranty, unfortunately.

I hope this info helps, but let us know if you have any other updates, etc.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.