If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

hassamhanif
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: DU

My phone is not detecting Headphones. BB 9780

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a blackberry bold 9870. From last few days, I am trying to connect my headphones in my mobile but mobile is not detecting it. There is no sign I can be in my mobile and can't hear anything from my headphones. 

How can I reset my operating system within the mobile. Please give me the directions.

Regards,

Hassam

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Detritalgeo
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: My phone is not detecting Headphones. BB 9780

I also had this happen on my 9780, I made the mistake of using ipod earbuds ONCE and it seemed to stretch out the connection. Try slowly wiggling your headphone connection and see if a connection is made intermittantly.

If you manage to make a connection from time to time it is not software but a hardware issue...
Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi,

Try rotating the headphone pin, see if u r able to re-estabish the connection or not...but, in either case whether u get any connection or no connection atall, thats a hardware prob n u need to replace the pin of ur BB device...

NB- b4 u go for replacement, jst check the headphone whether its working or nt by connecting it to any other 3.5mm jack audio device...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please use plain text.
Chipperjones
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

I had the same odd issue with my 9900, but i was using apple earbuds. I use my headset mainly for calling purposes so i picked up a mono Blackberry 3.5 mm headset and have not had the issue since. Lovely headset btw, its exactly what i needed.

[fixed link]

Please use plain text.