Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

NEW and tons of issues :s

Hi

I am new to the Blackberry community and got my Bold few hours ago. i switched to BB for the simple use of BBM and webbrowsing.

I dont have a blackberry plan  with my service provider so I am not getting my emails etc...

1) I would like to know how to make the wifi works, because I tried many times and I still have the white dash and not the green check. It tell me all the time that The IP address no longer valid. my wifi network is working fine with my macbook air.

2) When I enter someone's pin to my phone it does not work. I dont know what to do or how to make it work...

Thanks for the help

Solutions: 6,064
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: NEW and tons of issues :s

When you get your BB Data Plan, most of your issues will be solved, i.e., using PIN messaging.

I am not familar with the WiFi use, someone else can answer that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Re: NEW and tons of issues :s

For the Wifi issue, it is probably because you haven't set up your wifi network yet.

Under Manage Connections, first then Wi-Fi on (check mark next to Wi-Fi), then scroll down to "Set Up Wi-Fi Network" and follow the guide to setup your home network. The Bold will not just join any network it finds - you must setup any new wifi networks before you can use them. After you set one up for the first time - it will be saved in your device, so it will auto-connect the next time.