Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: bold 9780

NOT RECEIVING TEXT MESSAGES

Had my bold for a month now.  I have appx 180 contacts.  My device has been freezing  a lot lately.  Tried battery pull but no effect.  Now it seems I am only receiving random text messages.  Only have 5 applications open.  I cant  even see text  messages I sent earlier today.  Does anybody have any suggestions. Is is something to do with the number of contacts I have as it seems to have started the "freezing" after the last batch of contacts I entered.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am new to Blackberry. Many thanks in anticipation.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: NOT RECEIVING TEXT MESSAGES

The number of contacts you have will not affect your phone in that way. 

First of all, try resending your service books

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

After that, do another battery pull (making sure your phone is powered on when doing it).

Let us know if that helps.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Hi Bill J

Thanks for the info, I have done what you suggested and will let you know if it works.

Regards Paula

Contributor

Hi BillJ.  I have done as suggested and yes this seems to have rectified the texts which now seem to be coming through ok.  But I still have the problem of the screen freezing for about 10 seconds which seems to happen quite often.  Any ideas to stop this happening as its getting frustrating as you can imagine. Regards and many thanks. Paula.

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I had the same problem. My firewall was set to block text messages, with exceptions for contacts.  I deselected "block text messages" and now all is well.  Thanks.  Strange, but I don't remember changing this setting.  Maybe it stopped working correctly after I performed an OS upgrade.  I'm currently at v6.0.0.285.

Contributor

Have taken phone into an Orange shop for advice and they suggested an OS upgrade which I have carried out and it has definatly resolved the "freezing" issue.  Also a couple of texts which were sent to me almost a week ago have since come through.  I was also  made aware of an icon which  appears on the screen when you press and hold the blackberry key down.  It is an oblong shape with a solid line accoss the top which has the word "menu" above it.  When you click into it , it freezes !  I was told that this could also be contributing to my problems.  I dont know what this icon represents or how to get rid of it. Help.