Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: AT&T

Need help! BBWorld is beyond messed up on my Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Before I begin, yes I pulled the battery, yes I wiped the OS and reloaded it, yes I deleted and reloaded the BB App World app. I did have an account associated with Blackberry App World, however since I couldn't login thru the BBW app, I deleted it. Some user somewhere said that an account cannot be tied into the App World and BB Protect at the same time due to some error somewhere. 

Despite all of that, I login using new credentials with a new account and I get this new error message: "Enter the username associated with this smartphone."

Can someone tell me why it is so goddamned difficult to get App World working with a Bold 9900? All I want to do is to download an app and pay for it. Why do I have to jump through a 3-ring circus just to accomplish something that should be incredibly simple? 

Device: Bold 9930
Provider: AT&T
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Need help! BBWorld is beyond messed up on my Blackberry

As the error states, you have to log in with the account that is on your phone. Go to options->device->BlackBerryID

This is the account you have to use to log into app world.